2018 Films thread

Kyyle23

24 minutes ago, knightni said:

Which mom?

Helen Parr?

She looks like circa 1998 Holly Hunter.

Yeah, Elastagirl or whatever.

Her voice is a lot older sounding with a little bit of an accent that doesn't seem to fit the younger looking animated character.

40 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Was so stoked to see Sorry to Bother You but realized it's in limited release right now. Closest theater playing it this weekend is 25 miles away.  *sigh*

25 whole Miles? Lol. 30 minutes drive, you snowflake! 

2 hours ago, Brian said:

25 whole Miles? Lol. 30 minutes drive, you snowflake! 

I have 4 movie theaters within 10 miles of my home. Seems absurd to drive 25 miles to see a movie, especially since it will be playing near my home next week.

If anybody wants to just sit down and watch something just to laugh...good God...I stumbled across this movie called Somebody Marry Barry (on Prime).  Funniest shit I've seen in a long long time.  Couple of times I laughed so hard i had tears...goddamn it's funny.

On 7/20/2018 at 11:14 AM, Wanne said:

If anybody wants to just sit down and watch something just to laugh...good God...I stumbled across this movie called Somebody Marry Barry (on Prime).  Funniest shit I've seen in a long long time.  Couple of times I laughed so hard i had tears...goddamn it's funny.

I do like damon wayans jr, so maybe i'll check this out

On 7/20/2018 at 10:20 PM, Brian said:

Unbreakable was the very first movie my wife and I ever watched on DVD. Prior to that everything was VHS. We watched Split last year on our DVR. 

I had heard rumor that he was making a sequel to Unbreakable but I didn't realize it was already done or that he was intertwining Split into it.

1 hour ago, Brian said:

"Unbreakable" is the only M Knight movie I really liked. Thought Split was ok but I like how it intertwined with Unbreakable in the end.

I completely forgot about the ending until you just mentioned that. I had to explain it to my wife as she didn't remember watching Unbreakable.

She's the type that has re-watch the previous movie(s) to remember what's going before she watches the sequel(s).