Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Kyyle23

2018 Films thread

Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Looks like the gravy train is about to end. 

I'd probably switch to Simenia. Their structure is more strict which is probably why it's sustainable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“Blindspotting” was solid. Maybe more impactful on other viewers but it was still good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Brian said:

“Blindspotting” was solid. Maybe more impactful on other viewers but it was still good.

I agree. I think I will be using my moviepass daily until it works no more. Considering they blacked out Mission I possible for fear everyone would see it and burn their money, the end is near.

 

 

Edited by Dick Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

I agree. I think I will be using my moviepass daily until it works no more. Considering they blacked out Mission I possible for fear everyone would see it and burn their money, the end is near.

 

 

All showings of Mission Impossible? I'm going with my dad tomorrow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Brian said:

All showings of Mission Impossible? I'm going with my dad tomorrow.

On mine It says premium screening not supported for all the MIs in all of the theaters.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, Dick Allen said:

On mine It says premium screening not supported for all the MIs in all of the theaters.

Looks like moviepass has no showings available at any theaters today.

Sure was fun while it lasted.  

I'm considering getting the AMC version for $19.95 and three movies a week.  I think I can make that work financially.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like Moviepass' latest change is not letting you use the service for blockbusters the first few weeks, until crowds die down.

For me, and anyone else, who enjoy seeing smaller titles, it's fine, but other who don't , they'll be annoyed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Brian said:

Looks like Moviepass' latest change is not letting you use the service for blockbusters the first few weeks, until crowds die down.

For me, and anyone else, who enjoy seeing smaller titles, it's fine, but other who don't , they'll be annoyed.

Plus in the next 30 days it's going up to $15. Next month I'll probably move on the AMC A List for $20. 3 movies a week, and you don't have to be next to the theater to get a ticket.  Except for RBG, all the movies I have seen, including smaller ones, were available at AMCs by me. And there are a couple of AMCs that aren't on Moviepass.  For $5, it's worth the convenience, especially with what has been going on with the Moviepass the last several days. 

 

It was way too good to last.

Edited by Dick Allen

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Plus in the next 30 days it's going up to $15. Next month I'll probably move on the AMC A List for $20. 3 movies a week, and you don't have to be next to the theater to get a ticket.  Except for RBG, all the movies I have seen, including smaller ones, were available at AMCs by me. And there are a couple of AMCs that aren't on Moviepass.  For $5, it's worth the convenience, especially with what has been going on with the Moviepass the last several days. 

 

It was way too good to last.

The nearest AMC to me is like 30 minutes away so I'll ride out Moviepass. Don't blame people for jumping ship though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Brian said:

The nearest AMC to me is like 30 minutes away so I'll ride out Moviepass. Don't blame people for jumping ship though.

On 7/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, Brian said:

25 whole Miles? Lol. 30 minutes drive, you snowflake! 

:lol:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Moviepass blocking all afternoon showtimes now by me. Of everything. If this sticks, I’m definitely out when my annual runs out in November. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/4/2018 at 10:09 AM, Brian said:

Moviepass blocking all afternoon showtimes now by me. Of everything. If this sticks, I’m definitely out when my annual runs out in November. 

Same. If it even lasts that long that is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

"A Star is Born" at 95%.

I'm a Bradley Cooper fan. Guy can do anything and now directs. I predict people will like it, it will make a lot of money and win awards, then people will turn on it because it's too mainstream.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

Checking out Mandy tonight. Looks absolutely insane.

Entertaining but man they could have picked up the pace a bit. What's with arthouse horror being so damn slow?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Entertaining but man they could have picked up the pace a bit. What's with arthouse horror being so damn slow?

That’s odd cuz all I’ve heard is how insane and violent it is. It’s not playing near me so I’d have to redbox it in the future

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Brian said:

That’s odd cuz all I’ve heard is how insane and violent it is. It’s not playing near me so I’d have to redbox it in the future

It's on VOD. Watched it on Amazon streaming.

And it is definitely insane and violent.

Edited by BigSqwert

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Saw Bad Times at the El Royale. 

Fun movie, I give it a B. Probably could have shaved off about 30 minutes to the length. And left a bunch of unanswered questions or cool story threads that never went anywhere. But I enjoyed the cast and the mood and the twists and turns.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FIRST MAN is well done, but, for my money, still prefer Hidden Figures and Gravity.

This movie's getting criticized on the right and the left of the political spectrum...so it must be doing something right.  It's not a feel good story, it's more about "stoic heroism" and really tries to give you an accurate feel for what the 1960's pioneering astronauts went through on the way to the moon landing.

That said, it probably will end up as one of the 10 Best Picture nominees, slotting in somewhere between 7-10.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm not quite understanding what's appealing about Claire Foy.   Maybe her t.v. work is much different?

At any rate, kudos to the up-and-coming director for pulling off something so different from Whiplash and La La Land.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just saw Halloween and it was a frustrating experience. I thought the movie was good as a whole but there’s some really bad moments and choices made that stop it from being great.

There’s a scene where one of the characters looks directly at the camera and gives their entire backstory. Towards the end of the film, there’s a reveal about one of the characters that’s really cool but it’s almost immediately brushed aside. And there’s a lot of forced comedy. 

Jamie Lee Curtis is fantastic and it’s a shame that the movie didn’t focus on her more. The movies cuts to a lot of side stuff, a lot of which doesn’t amount to anything in the end. The actress who played the granddaughter was pretty good. 

I really wish the entire movie had the same amount of tension and atmosphere as the last 20 minutes, which was phenomenal. 

Ill hold off on spoilerly stuff. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 5:53 PM, caulfield12 said:

FIRST MAN is well done, but, for my money, still prefer Hidden Figures and Gravity....It's not a feel good story, it's more about "stoic heroism" and really tries to give you an accurate feel for what the 1960's pioneering astronauts went through on the way to the moon landing.

I agree. Well done, but there is no triumphant moment. Even the moon landing, which was an iffy proposition, just sort of happened in the movie. The suspenseful scenes had no moment where you exhaled - no payoff.

That said, it's amazing that our space program was sending people to the space in aluminum cans with a roll of duct tape and twine in case of emergency. 

That is, if we actually ever did go to space...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I agree. Well done, but there is no triumphant moment. Even the moon landing, which was an iffy proposition, just sort of happened in the movie. The suspenseful scenes had no moment where you exhaled - no payoff.

That said, it's amazing that our space program was sending people to the space in aluminum cans with a roll of duct tape and twine in case of emergency. 

That is, if we actually ever did go to space...

It was a bit strange they made the deliberate decision not to feature the planting of the flag...nonetheless, the movie was nothing, if not patriotic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×