2018 Video Game thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 12:45 PM)
Kind of amazing to me that the Super NES Classic doesn't have two of the best games on it: Sunset Riders and Zombies Ate My Neighbors.

Hack it. My buddy put 200 more games on his. I can find instructions if you need them

• 2 weeks later...

Update: Definitely enjoying Zelda much more as I continue to play it. Travel has been much easier since improving my stamina bar, weapon durability isn't much of an issue now, and the crafting is less tedious. The world is huge and enjoyable to explore. The main quests with the 4 big machines have been well constructed.

I'd still put it below Horizon Zero Dawn on the basis of combat and story (come on Nintendo, put some effort in), but I can totally understand this being a Game of the Year candidate.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Feb 5, 2018 -> 12:59 PM)
The MLB The Show 18 trailer featured, by my count, 0 White Sox players- but don't worry, a solid 75% of the video was Aaron Judge, Trea Turner, and Marcus Stroman.

https://twitter.com/MLBTheShow/status/960558707846217731

Are you really surprised?

Edited by soxfan2014

The MLB The Show 18 trailer featured, by my count, 0 White Sox players- but don't worry, a solid 75% of the video was Aaron Judge, Trea Turner, and Marcus Stroman.

Ok, so the trailer featured players popular to the masses and then Marcus Stroman. Who cares?

Judge and Stroman are cover boys. Trea Turner? No idea, but he's cool.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Far Cry 5 and The Show came out this week. FC5 will be arriving next week, but I'm going to finish off Far Cry 4 before I bust in to it.

The Show, I did not get on launch day for the first time in like 8 years. It just doesn't change enough each year for me to be excited anymore. I'm still getting it for sure, but I'm going to wait until Operation Sports Full Minors comes out and I can restart my 2 year old franchise. If FC5 wasn't coming out, I'd have it, but I'm going to focus on FC5 first.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 12:28 PM)
Far Cry 5 and The Show came out this week. FC5 will be arriving next week, but I'm going to finish off Far Cry 4 before I bust in to it.

The Show, I did not get on launch day for the first time in like 8 years. It just doesn't change enough each year for me to be excited anymore. I'm still getting it for sure, but I'm going to wait until Operation Sports Full Minors comes out and I can restart my 2 year old franchise. If FC5 wasn't coming out, I'd have it, but I'm going to focus on FC5 first.

Legit thinking about sitting this year out. You're right. Doesn't change enough.

Edit: one of the biggest complaints about the game every year is the online play is trash. If they ever straighten that out...oh boy.

Edited by soxfan2014

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 02:19 PM)
Legit thinking about sitting this year out. You're right. Doesn't change enough.

It will never happen because they'd lose money, but I would be ok with them putting out a game every OTHER year. Give them 2 years of development each time to make big changes. Not a good business move, though.

QUOTE (SoxFanForever @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 10:47 AM)
Is anyone else as obsessed with Monster Hunter World as I am? The game is extremely deep and a lot of fun to play with randoms.

My buddy is playing it a ton, I watched him play while hungover on Sunday. It looked alright, but not a game I'm that interested in personally.

Bought Far Cry 5 and played about 40 minutes in it, seems like a Far Cry game haha. Hope it doesn't become too repetitive like the last one I played, but I should get at least a solid month or two of gaming.

The Show removed season mode, didn't tell anyone, didn't give a reason, and didn't apologize. And given that that was the only mode I used, I'm pretty upset. Franchise is too different to me, although I have been trying that.

That said, the gameplay itself is actually much better than years past

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 03:49 PM)
The Show removed season mode, didn't tell anyone, didn't give a reason, and didn't apologize. And given that that was the only mode I used, I'm pretty upset. Franchise is too different to me, although I have been trying that.

That said, the gameplay itself is actually much better than years past

If you read reviews/follow game sites (Operation Sports), they did announce it would be out of the game.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 04:15 PM)
If you read reviews/follow game sites (Operation Sports), they did announce it would be out of the game.

They said Online Franchise was gone, not Season mode. I'm on Operation Sports and it caught everyone by surprise. There's like a 40 page thread about it on there full of outrage

Edited by Jose Abreu

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 07:15 AM)
The Far Cry 5 opening is pretty intense. Pretty excited to dive deeper into this game.

I watched my buddy play for about an hour, and it kind of seemed the gun for hire system was TOO good. He rescued a guy and hired him to help and that dude took out an entire outpost by himself. And then he got Boomer the dog and Boomer did the same.

Downloaded Pac-Man Championship edition 2P mode for something fun for me and the kids, and now I’m fairly addicted. Also just beat Shovel Knight and I’m playing the second way through at a higher difficulty.