2018 Watercooler thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 1, 2018 -> 10:49 AM)
Every classic sitcom will be rebooted

Except Married With Children. There have been rumors about it for years but I'm convinced that it will never happen.

I actually enjoyed Rosanne in it's prime and I'm looking forward to the new season. They always reminded me of my own family. Middle-class, small town in Illinois with 3 kids. Except we have 3 girls instead of 2 girls and a boy.

I'm just afraid the new episodes just won't have the same feel as the old show even with the same cast. Everyone keeps talking about bringing back John Goodman as Dan. I'm trying to figure out if they will address the 4th kid they had in season 8. They named him Jerry Garcia Conner.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 09:41 AM)
Except Married With Children. There have been rumors about it for years but I'm convinced that it will never happen.

I actually enjoyed Rosanne in it's prime and I'm looking forward to the new season. They always reminded me of my own family. Middle-class, small town in Illinois with 3 kids. Except we have 3 girls instead of 2 girls and a boy.

I'm just afraid the new episodes just won't have the same feel as the old show even with the same cast. Everyone keeps talking about bringing back John Goodman as Dan. I'm trying to figure out if they will address the 4th kid they had in season 8. They named him Jerry Garcia Conner.

There are a few quirks about that show that they are gonna play around with. The final season “dream”, Dans death, both Becky’s, Jerry Garcia Connor. I bet it is a fun short season

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 09:44 AM)
There are a few quirks about that show that they are gonna play around with. The final season “dream”, Dans death, both Becky’s, Jerry Garcia Connor. I bet it is a fun short season

Apparently, they've created a whole new character for Sarah Chalke aka "New Becky". I assume they'll have to address Mark's death as well as the actor that played him died in like 2008.

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 10:04 AM)
Apparently, they've created a whole new character for Sarah Chalke aka "New Becky". I assume they'll have to address Mark's death as well as the actor that played him died in like 2008.

Thought I read that they are just recasting the role but could be wrong.

Has anyone tried to watch Twin Peaks? My wife and I watched the first episode (from the original), thinking it would be fun to watch that and the new season they released last year. But holy hell is it bad. The acting is atrocious, the writing is bad...we actually had to google whether or not the show was supposed to be full of dry humor or if it was supposed to be serious (answer: serious but quirky). We made it through the episode but I don't think we'll be watching any more.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 12:21 PM)
Has anyone tried to watch Twin Peaks? My wife and I watched the first episode (from the original), thinking it would be fun to watch that and the new season they released last year. But holy hell is it bad. The acting is atrocious, the writing is bad...we actually had to google whether or not the show was supposed to be full of dry humor or if it was supposed to be serious (answer: serious but quirky). We made it through the episode but I don't think we'll be watching any more.

We tried doing that a couple years ago and got partway through season 2 and pulled the plug.

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 02:21 PM)

Ya, I tried as well. Gave up midway through the first episode. :( Maybe I'll try again sometime. Just wasn't able to get into it.