2018 Watercooler thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (Brian @ Jan 14, 2018 -> 08:22 PM)
This season of Shameless is easily the worst. Enjoy the Lip stuff but that maybe it. 9th season should probably be last.

DISAGREE. Everything is great this year, except the Fiona stuff, but that's only ruined because of that weird Ford guy. I do wish they would make it a more serious show like it was for the first 5-6 season instead of the all-out shock value comedy series it has become in the past few years.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jan 15, 2018 -> 08:33 AM)
Started watching The Magicians on Netflix.

Pretty entertaining and surprising that they allowed so much language on basic cable (SyFy).

Season one was pretty solid.

Lots of drama, death, violence, and cursing.

Onto season 2.

QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 03:27 PM)
If you don't mind supernatural elements

Dark on Netflix is a pretty crazy ride (it's better if you go in knowing nothing about it)

Dark was fantastic. I've seen it described as a more adult Stranger Things, but aside from some early similarities, it's really something different.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 09:53 AM)
Dark on Netflix is really good. It's in German, but the subtitles are easy to follow. It starts off a little like Stranger Things but then goes off in a totally different direction.

Absolutely loving this one. We have one more to go.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Jan 31, 2018 -> 11:16 AM)
I don’t know how many of you watch anime, but “one punch man” on Netflix is bizarre and ridiculous and very funny.

I tried to get into it.

I watched about 6 or 7 episodes but it was way too tongue-in-cheek for me to get into.

Wound up watching the 1st episode of Altered Carbon. It was a little tough to watch because of the script and acting. A bit cringe-inducing after watching 3 or 4 really well-acted shows recently and then jumping into this. I'll give it a little time before I jump back in.

Also checked out the 1st episode of Babylon Berlin. Pretty intriguing so far.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 5, 2018 -> 10:39 AM)
Wound up watching the 1st episode of Altered Carbon. It was a little tough to watch because of the script and acting. A bit cringe-inducing after watching 3 or 4 really well-acted shows recently and then jumping into this. I'll give it a little time before I jump back in.

Episode 2 is better.

I like the blade runner world of Altered Carbon, and so far the mystery has me intrigued. There is a lot going on and a lot of different terminology to absorb to understand what they are talking about sometimes, but I’m hooked