2018 Watercooler thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 7, 2018 -> 10:50 PM)
Altered Carbon is decent but very uneven and dragged down by a few really bad performances. A few episodes I really liked, and any time Matt Frewer was on screen

I adore Altered Carbon. First 2 eps took some time to get going, but since then it's just been f***ing wild.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 12:32 PM)
I adore Altered Carbon. First 2 eps took some time to get going, but since then it's just been f***ing wild.

I felt like the actress that played his sister was so laughably bad that she dragged down the last couple episodes.

I really liked Kinnaman and Hildagedo, and Chris Conner(the hotel/Poe) was awesome too

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 02:05 PM)

I felt like the actress that played his sister was so laughably bad that she dragged down the last couple episodes.

I really liked Kinnaman and Hildagedo, and Chris Conner(the hotel/Poe) was awesome too

I love Dichen, it was just a poorly written role. She needed to be a bit crazier or a bit saner, to me she was written too much in the middle where you question why she is acting the way she is (and not for a good reason).

She's been great in many other series, including Dollhouse.

I'm not sure what to think of Altered Carbon. Liked the idea. Liked the look of the show. Liked some of the characters, but not all. Enjoyed the T&A. Felt like the story was too condensed, and yet, at the same time I feel like it had a lot of inner monologues and side stories that could have been cut.

Not sure I really understood a lot of what was going on and why (the science/tech side of things), and i'm not sure I bought a lot of the stuff between Kovacs and his sister.

Still, worth the binge.

Finally finished Godless. I'd give it a solid B+. Beautifully shot, well acted, decent story, exciting finish. I think there was a better story to tell in that world, or at least stories to explore more (the women, the men and women in Blackdom, etc.) but all and all it was a solid mini-series.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 5, 2018 -> 10:41 PM)
Episode 4: Forces of Evil is f***ing awesome

My dad recommended the show to me, although said it has its shortcomings. That was the episode when I texted him that I was in. That episode is badass.

QUOTE (bigruss22 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 04:18 PM)
I love Dichen, it was just a poorly written role. She needed to be a bit crazier or a bit saner, to me she was written too much in the middle where you question why she is acting the way she is (and not for a good reason).

She's been great in many other series, including Dollhouse.

Only responding for the Dollhouse reference. Cool sci-fi show. One of my earliest Netflix binges.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 5, 2018 -> 10:39 AM)
Wound up watching the 1st episode of Altered Carbon. It was a little tough to watch because of the script and acting. A bit cringe-inducing after watching 3 or 4 really well-acted shows recently and then jumping into this. I'll give it a little time before I jump back in.

Also checked out the 1st episode of Babylon Berlin. Pretty intriguing so far.

Babylon Berlin has me hooked. My wife started watching it and I was just sitting there around episode 4, and we basically finished season 1 and couldn't stop watching.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 07:07 AM)
Babylon Berlin has me hooked. My wife started watching it and I was just sitting there around episode 4, and we basically finished season 1 and couldn't stop watching.

Just finished it last night. The last 2 episodes are fantastic.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 09:15 AM)
Just finished it last night. The last 2 episodes are fantastic.

Yeah I don't think I'll be far behind. I almost like it's all in subtitles because I can't multitask and lose my place. It's also just beautifully shot, incredible quality.