2018 Watercooler thread

Kyyle23

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 10:07 AM)
Babylon Berlin has me hooked. My wife started watching it and I was just sitting there around episode 4, and we basically finished season 1 and couldn't stop watching.

I tried to get into it, but shut it off with 10 minutes left in the first episode.

QUOTE (knightni @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 09:43 AM)
I tried to get into it, but shut it off with 10 minutes left in the first episode.

You just need to skip three episodes and then ask a bunch of questions to my wife to catch up, then it's golden.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 07:21 AM)
I almost like it's all in subtitles

Is it just me or do some of the subtitles appear for only a split second? Happens to a good dozen or so lines in each episode. Also, had that issue with Dark. Not sure if it's a Netflix issue or what.

• 4 weeks later...
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 07:43 AM)
Apparently Roseanne wants her show to be a very short revival

Saw it was renewed for a longer s2.

I thought the first two eps were good. It's not totally pro Trump and thought it is done in a way anyone can watch it without getting pissy.

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 10:54 AM)
Saw it was renewed for a longer s2.

I thought the first two eps were good. It's not totally pro Trump and thought it is done in a way anyone can watch it without getting pissy.

I don't get the whole Rosanne is pro Trump so now we have to bring back Tim Allen's show.

Am I the only person that doesn't watch or not watch TV shows based on the actors political beliefs? :huh:

QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 05:01 PM)
I don't get the whole Rosanne is pro Trump so now we have to bring back Tim Allen's show.

Am I the only person that doesn't watch or not watch TV shows based on the actors political beliefs? :huh:

I think we have to get used to the idea that network television is becoming a thing of the past. The demographic that is still watching network television tend to be older and more conservative.

Liberals are younger and by and large are gravitating towards streaming services.

And as far as Tim Allen goes, call me when they do a Home Improvement revival. Jill Taylor might have been the best part of that show.

Edited by Sox-35th

The second season of A Series of Unfortunate Events was even better than the first one. Just a spectacular series and show! Neil Patrick Harris was perfect for the role of Count Olaf. Even just comparing it to Jim Carrey's role in the old movie, it just blows it away. Highly recommended for anyone looking for something to binge.

The Looming Tower on Hulu is great. It is, however, very frustrating to watch seeing how the CIA and FBI kept information from each other. The show so far makes the CIA, especially two agents, look worse, but I'm sure blame falls on both agencies. Knowing how this all ends with the 9/11 attacks, it's very upsetting to think it could have been prevented had the two agencies actually worked together.

QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Apr 5, 2018 -> 09:21 AM)
The Looming Tower on Hulu is great. It is, however, very frustrating to watch seeing how the CIA and FBI kept information from each other. The show so far makes the CIA, especially two agents, look worse, but I'm sure blame falls on both agencies. Knowing how this all ends with the 9/11 attacks, it's very upsetting to think it could have been prevented had the two agencies actually worked together.

There was a 3 part docu-series last year (can't remember the channel) that was very eye opening on how much was missed leading up to 9/11. After watching The Looming Tower I want to go back and watch it again

Thought this was kind of funny:

https://uproxx.com/hitfix/westworld-season-...video-rickroll/

Long story short: the creators of Westworld are big Reddit fans/users. They posted yesterday a message that said they were going to provide a video detailing everything that happens in season 2 in order to avoid all of the theorizing and unintended revealing of spoilers that comes out of online group discussions of the show. They posted the video this morning and it's a very clever rick roll.

My wife and I started a rewatch this week to prepare. Forgot how much I liked this show.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 11:40 PM)
Caught Andre the Giant in my hotel last night randomly. I felt like they could have done more. But overall it was good.

I'm halfway through it. Heard the director in an interview say that it was originally like 3 hours but HBO wanted it at 90 mins at the most.

Patriot on Amazon was a quirky show that I enjoyed.

Started The Expanse, streaming on Amazon and liked season 1, have kind of waned interest during season 2.

Paterno on HBO had my blood boiling, and can't wait to watch the Andre the Giant special.

Tried starting Black Sails but couldn't get into it, will probably drop after 3 episodes.

Picked up Atlanta last night and I'm hooked.

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:05 AM)
I'm halfway through it. Heard the director in an interview say that it was originally like 3 hours but HBO wanted it at 90 mins at the most.

I would have watched 3 hours.

Have you watched the Michigan doc yet?