2018 Watercooler thread

Kyyle23

On 5/13/2018 at 12:26 AM, Middle Buffalo said:

Might be a little late to the party on these, but I highly recommend two Netflix series I did the deep dive on recently - "Ozark" and "Mindhunter."

Both were great.  Dark, but very entertaining.

On 5/13/2018 at 10:30 PM, Tony said:

What a great finish to Barry

Show is better than I ever thought it could be. That last 10 mins, I thought was one of his fantasies and first. So we’ll done

As the resident #1 Arrested Development fan, I had to come in here and wax poetic regarding how much better the re-mixed Season 4 is than the previous iteration. It's a completely new experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone who ever feigned interest in the show.

I can't stop being happy that I finally got a season 4 that was closer to the series' roots.

Bring on season 5!

On 5/14/2018 at 10:33 AM, knightni said:

Fox is bringing back Tim Allen's Last Man Standing.

Someone told me that Fox’s television output will now reflect the views of its news division. 

So Last Man Standing and Tim Allen (a vocal GOP supporter) should feel right at home. 

Finale of The Terror last night was excellent.  The entire series was really good and followed the book pretty well.  It was advertised as the season finale, but unless they tell a new story I wouldn't expect a second season.

On 5/16/2018 at 11:42 AM, Steve9347 said:

As the resident #1 Arrested Development fan, I had to come in here and wax poetic regarding how much better the re-mixed Season 4 is than the previous iteration. It's a completely new experience, and I highly recommend it to anyone who ever feigned interest in the show.

I can't stop being happy that I finally got a season 4 that was closer to the series' roots.

Bring on season 5!

I will fight you!

But yes, the re-cut was awesome.

Edited by soxfan2014

17 hours ago, Brian said:

Brockmire has become one of my favs

I like season 2, but the first season was better, in my opinion. This season seems to be mostly about over-the-top shock value...like You’re the Worst, which I also like. 

On 5/31/2018 at 11:06 AM, MEANS said:

What a great final episode for the Americans, one of the best series I've ever watched.

That parking garage scene was so intense. The last season as a whole only had a few really cool moments and wasn't as good as the middle seasons when the show was at its absolute peak. That said, they managed to create an ending that both made sense and left you thinking about it.

I’m not a huge fan of Arrested Development. I’ve seen all the eps and enjoy it but would suck at a trivia night.

Maybe just me but I’d just let the show go. Not expecting it to get s1 and s2 great but these new eps are just there. Nothing great.

The 6 new eps of Kimmy Schmidt cracked me up. That Tina Fey dialogue is funny to me. The show is just so stupid that it’s hilarious to me.

59 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Started season 2 of Handmaid's Tale a few days ago.  Such a good show but holy crap, it sucks going to bed filled with dread every night.

My wife loves it and I just can't stand it. One, because it's just depressing as shit, and two, the whole premise of the show is too unrealistic/unbelievable for me. In a fictionalized near-future world I need to be able to believe that people act/think logically and they just don't in that show.