2018 Watercooler thread

Kyyle23

I was watching Designated Survivor during my 2 week trip to Europe, loved the first season but the 2nd one was pretty boring.  Didn't get to finish it before the trip ended and now US Netflix doesn't have rights to it.  Anyone find it worthwhile to continue?

23 hours ago, bigruss said:

I was watching Designated Survivor during my 2 week trip to Europe, loved the first season but the 2nd one was pretty boring.  Didn't get to finish it before the trip ended and now US Netflix doesn't have rights to it.  Anyone find it worthwhile to continue?

Nah. They killed it anyway so it doesn't really end.

Season 3 of "This is Us" starts in September, IIRC.

My mom told me to watch the entire thing. My dad passed away last year, and this show reminds me of my own life. I flew through the first 2 seasons. Talk about a show that makes you laugh, cry, confused and entertained. I've never seen anything like it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

So I'm real late to this party but I just binge watched both seasons of Westworld in like 10 days and I have to say, WTF? Season 1 was so good and kept me wanting to get to the last episode which was a nice payoff. Then S2 happened, and what a waste of time. Besides the Kiksuya episode, it felt like the writers circlejerk'd each other while writing and tried to outdo each other with the timeline changes and surprises. Really disappointed and I doubt I watch S3 unless I see some strong reviews online.

On another note,I hope the new Jack Ryan show on Amazon is good. Waiting for tomorrow!

44 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Better Call Saul is making me think I have Alzheimer's as I did not rewatch the last season before this and now get confused as to what timeline I am on.

Ha, it definitely helps doing a re-watch before the new season starts.

Lodge 49 anyone? I like it.

56 minutes ago, Harry Chappas said:

Better Call Saul is making me think I have Alzheimer's as I did not rewatch the last season before this and now get confused as to what timeline I am on.

Also GOT has a premiere date.

The slow build they always do doesn't help that either.

Yeah, I'm assuming we will be seeing by Nacho never appeared in BB soon but otherwise this season has been slow outside the twins shootout.

Was that CC Mobile store in the same strip mall as his future Saul office is? Just a guess.

16 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Is anyone watching castle rock?  

I've been meaning to start it but just haven't had time.

Emmy Rossum leaving Shameless after this season. Just end it then

Edited by Brian

Excellent nods to Breaking Bad last night.

I was talking to my dad and we couldn't remember, but when Gus takes Walt and Jessie to that room to do their cooking, does he say it is brand new? That would mean we are 6 months away from Breaking Bad territory.

In the BB scene that opened the show, he tells his secretary to tell them Jimmy sent her while giving her a card. Sending her to Kim? Howard?

Good stuff last night.

3 hours ago, Brian said:

Excellent nods to Breaking Bad last night.

I was talking to my dad and we couldn't remember, but when Gus takes Walt and Jessie to that room to do their cooking, does he say it is brand new? That would mean we are 6 months away from Breaking Bad territory.

In the BB scene that opened the show, he tells his secretary to tell them Jimmy sent her while giving her a card. Sending her to Kim? Howard?

Good stuff last night.

The first guy said six months, the second guy didn't give a date... but you might be on to something.  It is great to see the shows starting to roll up into each other.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
15 hours ago, Brian said:

Anyone watch "The Looming Tower" on Hulu? Watched first two today and it's solid. Hope CIA/FBI relationship wasn't this tense but still have 8 more eps

Great series, but very frustrating to watch.  It's hard to believe how poorly the CIA and FBI communicated.

1 hour ago, hogan873 said:

Great series, but very frustrating to watch.  It's hard to believe how poorly the CIA and FBI communicated.

Watched the 3rd and I'll have this done this weekend. I was expecting some cookie cutter retelling of events but it is much more than that. Jeff Daniels is such a scumbag. Ha