2018 catch-all

Kyyle23

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/act-kindness-h...-162103214.html

https://www.desertsun.com/story/sports/high...jab/1087515001/

Not sure where to put this, but maybe we should have a thread for "good/positive" news stories.

Short version is that Nike supplied a random High Schooler with a semi-custom hijab so that they could continue playing HS basketball. A coach at hjer school had been on the Nike site looking for custom shoes (for himself) and started talking to a customer service agent about her issue. The customer service rep then sent the hijab to the coach.

(I made some corrections, it wasnt actually her coach, but he does coach at the school.)

Edited by Soxbadger

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to win brownie points for life, Hamilton really is about the best musical experience you will ever have. If the wife wants to see a broadway show, this is by far your best option. The music envokes the best of 80's/90's hip hop stylings while telling a story in such depth, intelligence and cleverness that is absolutely untouched by anything else I have ever seen done live before. I don't know if there are any other fans out there, but I am just blown away by the power of the show.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 20, 2018 -> 11:27 AM)
If you want to win brownie points for life, Hamilton really is about the best musical experience you will ever have. If the wife wants to see a broadway show, this is by far your best option. The music envokes the best of 80's/90's hip hop stylings while telling a story in such depth, intelligence and cleverness that is absolutely untouched by anything else I have ever seen done live before. I don't know if there are any other fans out there, but I am just blown away by the power of the show.

^

QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 04:47 PM)
I’m surprised your CC company believed it wasn’t you ;)

Im surprised ive had that card for as long as I did and its never had fraudulent charges before. Based on what I was doing I am guessing someone skimmed it at a restaurant.

I have a lot of things set up and monitor my debit cards a lot but one thing incredibly annoying to me is not being able to log-in to the accounts for which I'm an authorized user. We have 2 diff credit cards we use for different rewards, it's hard to keep track of them when only one can view the other. I know statements from mint, but, it's dumb (and probably necessary, but still dumb!)

• 5 weeks later...

I’ve been in LA for the past couple of days. I’ve been producing a short film/proof of concept for the past few months. We shot one half of the project in downtown Chicago and for the next few days we’re going to be trotting all around LA for the other half. I’ll post the link when it’s done, you might recognize some of the locations and some of the actors.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Mar 1, 2018 -> 08:36 AM)
Im surprised ive had that card for as long as I did and its never had fraudulent charges before. Based on what I was doing I am guessing someone skimmed it at a restaurant.

Nah, think bigger. Restaurants arent usually point of breach. Some are, but its usually much bigger

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 1, 2018 -> 10:46 AM)
I have a lot of things set up and monitor my debit cards a lot but one thing incredibly annoying to me is not being able to log-in to the accounts for which I'm an authorized user. We have 2 diff credit cards we use for different rewards, it's hard to keep track of them when only one can view the other. I know statements from mint, but, it's dumb (and probably necessary, but still dumb!)

You can thank rampant family fraud for that

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 03:38 PM)
We just booked our room to do Disney this summer. God help me.

I LOL'd at your facebook post on the pool. I really wanted to reply, "after you threw the chicken bones in the pool, did you ask for a discount" haha.

Yesterday I learned that digging holes in rocky soil is a very therapeutic way to relieve stress.

This morning I learned that old men should not try to get out of bed after digging holes in rocky soil.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 9, 2018 -> 08:05 PM)
I LOL'd at your facebook post on the pool. I really wanted to reply, "after you threw the chicken bones in the pool, did you ask for a discount" haha.

I wish. The wife went up to the desk to tell them about everything that happened (sadly that wasn't even the most disgusting thing) and then told them that she didn't want them to do anything other than fix the messes! WTF!

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 7, 2018 -> 12:31 PM)
Nah, think bigger. Restaurants arent usually point of breach. Some are, but its usually much bigger

Maybe. But I know for a fact that there is a network of servers that scan and sell card numbers. Its super easy and fast. They can either just take a pic or use one of those attachments. Its super easy

• 2 weeks later...

Been working on a friend's film here in Chicago. It's her first time directing, so I was very excited to be apart of this and to do whatever I can to help her out on set as she figures out her process. We filmed in an old office building that we turned into an old dining room. Everyone was having a blast, music was playing (I like to bring a karaoke machine with me on my own stuff sometimes), we had great catering, everything was awesome.

All that changed when one of the 'producers' came to set. While we're thankful for their connections that allowed us to use that space, they killed everyone's vibe and you could physically feel it too. They tried telling the director how to direct, actors how to read lines, where lights should go and when we were rolling they wouldn't stop talking. The two of us got into some really heated conversations throughout the course of the entire day because they were being disrespectful, wasting time and wasting money. This was supposed to be an eight hour day but ended up being twelve. 

This 'producer' was also an extra towards the end of the shoot and after they shot their scenes, they went to the bathroom without realizing that they were still mic'd up. We tried filming but our sound girl kept getting weird sounds from that microphone. She took her headphones off, played the feed out for us to hear but it was silent.

After a moment we heard the messiest bowel movement in the history of bowel movements. It was thunderous to the point of being something that I will never un-hear.

I never laughed so much in my life, it almost made dealing with all the bullshit worth it.

Always turn your mic's off.

• bmags locked this topic
  • Tony unlocked this topic
  • bmags unpinned and locked this topic