2018 Democrats thread

southsider2k5

26 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Yeah was talking about this with some campaign people today and Warren really shot herself in the foot. Completely unforced error that didn't have to be made whatsoever.

2020 is going to be a bloodbath. They've all got fatal flaws. The question is who's left standing after the frontrunners tear each other apart.

26 minutes ago, Reddy said:

Hint: It's the orange guy.

The GOP has really perfected propaganda techniques, and how to waste time discussing politics with them. They use ridiculous techniques, that are designed to trap people in a corner. There is no way to get a conservative to have any sort of rational thought process.  I have come up with the thought that the only way to beat them is to beat them at their own game. They move the goalposts, create "scandals" out of non-issues, using strawman arguments, whataboutism, play the victim card, and other things that are logically downright ridiculous. They have created a circular rhetoric that is meant to frustrate the ever loving fuck out of the opposition.

I agree with whoever said if they go low, kick them in the balls. The GOP never compromises on anything. The Dems cave every time.  It is time for a game of chicken. The Dems have to go on offense and attack the ever loving fuck out of them. The Dems have been bringing an olive branch to a gunfight and getting murdered each and every time. Everyone looks like wimps. Stand up for your principles. Attack them.  Call them racist assholes. Bring out the talking points. Try to beat them at their own game. 

The GOP has been whiny, petulant children when they don't get their way. Call them out on it. Point out the hypocrisy of the Garland/Kavanaugh bullshit. 

The biggest thing is to point out how basically everything the GOP claims to hate, they actually do. They are the kings of projection. 

I also don't know why the majority of the public thinks it is admirable to not pay your taxes and get away with it. 

The Dems need to go start investigating people left and right. If there is ANYTHING that might be illegal that a GOP national elected official has done, make damn sure they are cleared of any wrongdoing before being allowed to seek re-election. 

Corruption must be weeded out. 

Now is not the time for civility, because the GOP was never civil. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Two-Gun Pete said:

Remind me again, why the Fuck does this even matter?

Who gives a flying Fuck about Sen Warren's ethnicity, other than moral relativists on the right? You know, the bullshit artists that look the other way at lies coming from our joke of a president every fucking day?

So again, if bullshit is eaten up by the right on an hourly basis, why does this comparatively minor infraction (and apparently one time bullshit) by Sen Warren register, except for Fox News polesmokers? Why should I give a fuck? 

Well the Cherokee nation for one (aka real Indians) the other obviously being Warren and the others like me who really don't care but find it funny. She obviously is so invested in her lie like rachel dolezal she just refuses to admit she isn't an Indian.

She is the one who released the results knowing the focus would shift to her during the midterms. You want to blame the right wing for that? Trump? Nonsense Warren did this.

Edited by wrathofhahn

1 hour ago, wrathofhahn said:

Well the Cherokee nation for one (aka real Indians) the other obviously being Warren and the others like me who really don't care but find it funny. She obviously is so invested in her lie like rachel dolezal she just refuses to admit she isn't an Indian.

She is the one who released the results knowing the focus would shift to her during the midterms. You want to blame the right wing for that? Trump? Nonsense Warren did this.

Warren was stupid to even acknowledge it, but all of this is because the president of the United States continues to call her a racial slur over and over again.  He lied about how she benefited from it and people continue to do so. 

It's just so disturbing how much his followers will bend over backwards to make sure he is never caught in a lie.  To them he is infallible, godlike.  Has any Trump supporter ever just been like "man maybe Warren isn't Native American, but Trump really shouldn't be going around calling her racial slurs all the time". 

Edited by GoSox05
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Reddy said:

Yeah was talking about this with some campaign people today and Warren really shot herself in the foot. Completely unforced error that didn't have to be made whatsoever.

2020 is going to be a bloodbath. They've all got fatal flaws. The question is who's left standing after the frontrunners tear each other apart.

Eh, it was dumb on her part, but it's nothing that will keep her from running for President or winning for that matter.  Most people don't even know what its about now or will remember it in two years.

The president was caught on tape bragging about sexual assault just before last election.

2 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

Eh, it was dumb on her part, but it's nothing that will keep her from running for President or winning for that matter.  Most people don't even know what its about now or will remember it in two years.

The president was caught on tape bragging about sexual assault just before last election.

Right? So now all of the sudden the pendulum has swung all the way to the other side where it takes just one minor error to destroy someone's campaign?  The bar has been lowered so far down by the GOP, I think it's buried twenty feet into the Earth.

I, for one, am totally impressed that the President is being tougher on a Senator's ancestry, than he is on the murder of one of our own by a foreign power.  Trump should write a thank you card to Warren for giving his kult this distraction to howl about instead of something of substance.

2 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Uh, it has nothing to do with 2 years from now. The primary starts in 3 weeks.

2 hours ago, BigSqwert said:

Right? So now all of the sudden the pendulum has swung all the way to the other side where it takes just one minor error to destroy someone's campaign?  The bar has been lowered so far down by the GOP, I think it's buried twenty feet into the Earth.

It has always taken only one minor error to destroy a Dem's campaign. Especially so this cycle because Trump will seize on it, use it ad nauseam and never let it go until it destroys you. Liz is done. I'm sorry. But in Trump world - in this current political environment - she just is. You can scream about how it's not fair (it isn't), but it's reality.

Trump is far and away the favorite to get re-elected right now. He's the better campaigner, better manipulator, owns the media, and regarding to Liz she gave him exactly what he wanted yesterday.

2 hours ago, Reddy said:

It has always taken only one minor error to destroy a Dem's campaign. Especially so this cycle because Trump will seize on it, use it ad nauseam and never let it go until it destroys you. Liz is done. I'm sorry. But in Trump world - in this current political environment - she just is. You can scream about how it's not fair (it isn't), but it's reality.

Trump is far and away the favorite to get re-elected right now. He's the better campaigner, better manipulator, owns the media, and regarding to Liz she gave him exactly what he wanted yesterday.

It just shows how weak the DNC is that they allow a dope like Trump to roll over them.

We need Change we can believe in. 😃

47 minutes ago, pettie4sox said:

It just shows how weak the DNC is that they allow a dope like Trump to roll over them.

We need Change we can believe in. 😃

What would you suggest they do differently, out of curiosity?

3 hours ago, Reddy said:

That is true but I think you are somewhat falling into the trap of looking things through the lens of Trump. She has to get through a democrat primary first and while Republicans laugh at Warren for Democrats cultural appropriation is a real thing:

https://thinkprogress.org/elizabeth-warren-is-not-cherokee-c1ec6c91b696/

Sure Trump can choose to make it an issue whenever he wants but I find it hard believe other democrats will give her a pass either especially the extreme progressive wing that like I said believes cultural appropriation and white privilege are real tings. Maybe her leftist bonafides give her a pass but I doubt it because noone believes in her "one drop Indianhood" she will get massacred IMO before she even becomes the nominee.  

Edited by wrathofhahn

33 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

That is true but I think you are somewhat falling into the trap of looking things through the lens of Trump. She has to get through a democrat primary first and while Republicans laugh at Warren for Democrats cultural appropriation is a real thing:

https://thinkprogress.org/elizabeth-warren-is-not-cherokee-c1ec6c91b696/

Sure Trump can choose to make it an issue whenever he wants but I find it hard believe other democrats will give her a pass either especially the extreme progressive wing that like I said believes cultural appropriation and white privilege are real tings. Maybe her leftist bonafides give her a pass but I doubt it because noone believes in her "one drop Indianhood" she will get massacred IMO before she even becomes the nominee.  

This is you agreeing with me.

8 hours ago, GoSox05 said:

Has any Trump supporter ever just been like "man maybe Warren isn't Native American, but Trump really shouldn't be going around calling her racial slurs all the time". 

I do think it's pretty wild the only person that can get away with abhorrent behavior in the day and age of P.C. is pretty much Trump. Anybody else would be fired or thrust out of the public eye if they called another human being Pocohontas like he calls Warren. And Trump does it all the time. Anybody who took his stance on Ford (mocking her at that rally) also would have not survived that evening. They'd have been fired for mocking Ford for her lack of memory regarding the alleged attack. I was all for Trump's attack on PC police during the election but it hasn't changed much. Only Trump can get away with blatant ignorant comments w/out getting fired.

43 minutes ago, greg775 said:

I do think it's pretty wild the only person that can get away with abhorrent behavior in the day and age of P.C. is pretty much Trump. Anybody else would be fired or thrust out of the public eye if they called another human being Pocohontas like he calls Warren. And Trump does it all the time. Anybody who took his stance on Ford (mocking her at that rally) also would have not survived that evening. They'd have been fired for mocking Ford for her lack of memory regarding the alleged attack. I was all for Trump's attack on PC police during the election but it hasn't changed much. Only Trump can get away with blatant ignorant comments w/out getting fired.

That's because the Republican party for the most part doesn't care about all the PC bullshit. If anything Warren just shows the ridiculousness of identity politics and left drive towards diversity rather then meritocracy and egalitarianism.

Maybe in the future we will all have to submit our DNA tests to along with our resumes probably staple it to the first page. The left would love that seems like the perfect solution to the Warrens of the world.

8 minutes ago, wrathofhahn said:

That's because the Republican party for the most part doesn't care about all the PC bullshit. If anything Warren just shows the ridiculousness of identity politics and left drive towards diversity rather then meritocracy and egalitarianism.

Maybe in the future we will all have to submit our DNA tests to along with our resumes probably staple it to the first page. The left would love that seems like the perfect solution to the Warrens of the world.

Yeah, no.

They pretend they don't but these are the same people melting down about people kneeling during the anthem.

These are the same people who can't handle gay marriage.

These are the same people who won't allow information about Islam to be taught in schools. 

These are the same people who can't handle sex ed being taught.

These are the same people who can't handle climate change being studied. 

Etc, etc.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, southsider2k5 said:

Yeah, no.

They pretend they don't but these are the same people melting down about people kneeling during the anthem.

These are the same people who can't handle gay marriage.

These are the same people who won't allow information about Islam to be taught in schools. 

These are the same people who can't handle sex ed being taught.

These are the same people who can't handle climate change being studied. 

Etc, etc.

These are the same people who accuse ANYONE with an Islamic-sounding name (when they're actually sometimes Christian, like Obama or one of the DEM candidates in the midterm elections) of being a terrorist/Jihadist/fundamentalist looking to overthrow the American government and bring Sharia Law into the schools.

These are the same people who claim to be for free trade/survival of the fittest in terms of capitalistic principles, but hide behind protective tariffs/trade wars/subsidies in the guise of "fighting for the little/forgotten people."

The same ones who want to cut back "entitlement" programs that hard-working Americans have (actually, unlike the Trumps) paid taxes into their whole lives, but which have to be cut now so we can have more military interventions and tax breaks for those who need it the least.

The ones who will draw a line in the sand for Israel, but could care less about the lives of any non-white/Israelis being wiped out/victims of genocide or just victims of bullying by Saudi Arabia (Qatar/Iran/Turkey).

Who are against chain immigration and divorce, but don't see the inconsistencies of Trump having "imported" two foreign wives (they're "white" and attractive like those Swedes and Finns!!!) or having been divorced twice and not even knowing how to properly cite a Bible verse from Corinthians.  (But, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, yay!!! it's all worth it!)

11 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

These are the same people who accuse ANYONE with an Islamic-sounding name (when they're actually sometimes Christian, like Obama or one of the DEM candidates in the midterm elections) of being a terrorist/Jihadist/fundamentalist looking to overthrow the American government and bring Sharia Law into the schools.

These are the same people who claim to be for free trade/survival of the fittest in terms of capitalistic principles, but hide behind protective tariffs/trade wars/subsidies in the guise of "fighting for the little/forgotten people."

The same ones who want to cut back "entitlement" programs that hard-working Americans have (actually, unlike the Trumps) paid taxes into their whole lives, but which have to be cut now so we can have more military interventions and tax breaks for those who need it the least.

The ones who will draw a line in the sand for Israel, but could care less about the lives of any non-white/Israelis being wiped out/victims of genocide or just victims of bullying by Saudi Arabia (Qatar/Iran/Turkey).

Who are against chain immigration and divorce, but don't see the inconsistencies of Trump having "imported" two foreign wives (they're "white" and attractive like those Swedes and Finns!!!) or having been divorced twice and not even knowing how to properly cite a Bible verse from Corinthians.  (But, Kavanaugh and Gorsuch, yay!!! it's all worth it!)

First of all who are these people? And nothing you posted or the previous poster posted have much of anything to do with PC culture as a FYI I have my own opinion on things sometimes they match up with the mainstream view of the Republican party othertimes they don't.

As do a bunch of other individuals who vote Republican some or all the time. There are some issues where there are very little disagreement but for example when it comes to homosexual marriage I couldn't care less if they get married. When it comes to Islam as long as the truth is being taught noone has a problem with it the problem lies with the fact some want to teach a sanitized version of their religion. Teach it all light is the best disinfectant that goes for Christianity as well. Of course in todays climate that may not be possible and if it isn't why shouldn't parents just not want it taught at all? I mean if both sides want to politicize the education of a subject why not leave it upto the parents? The same applies to sexual education I think it should be taught but not the current version which has more to do with social engineering then educating teens on sex.

I'm not going to go through the twenty or so items you posted one by one because it would take too long. You noticed I said the left and I did that because identity politics  and PC culture are actually not widely accepted democrat ideals at least among their voters. It's why a bunch of them fled the democrats in 2016 and Trump shattered the Blue Wall.