2018 Republicans thread

southsider2k5

• 1 month later...

"Tonight's results show we are at risk of a #BlueWave in WI. The Far Left is driven by anger & hatred -- we must counter it with optimism & organization. Let's share our positive story with voters & win in November," he tweeted.

In another tweet, Walker added, "Big government special interests flooded Wisconsin with distorted facts & misinformation. Next, they'll target me and work to undo our bold reforms. We need to keep moving #WIForward & make sure a #BlueWave of outside special interest money doesn't take us backward."

Big government special interests flooded Wisconsin with distorted facts & misinformation. Next, they'll target me and work to undo our bold reforms. We need to keep moving #WIForward & make sure a #BlueWave of outside special interest money doesn't take us backward.

” Scott Walker (@ScottWalker) April 4, 2018

It's the latest in a series of major election victories for Democrats.

cnn.com

My question for Governor Walker would be how would he typify the Tea Party movement in 2010, if not "anger and hatred"?

I don't recall it being especially optimistic or offering any tangible/specific solutions to problems...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 01:34 PM)
https://twitter.com/ColumbiaBugle/status/983513779014057984

When did Fox News become the anti-war station...

Are other people at Fox saying the same thing or just Carlson?

There is definitely something peculiar about the timing. Not to mention the last strike was almost 1 year ago to the day, so definitely reason to be suspicious about whats going on over there.

When I look over the list of key people investigating the Russians and Trump I see all Republican names. Trump calls it a Democratic witch hunt. How? And who in his base believes that?

QUOTE (StrangeSox @ Apr 11, 2018 -> 07:46 AM)
Paul Ryan reportedly will announce he's not seeking reelection

https://twitter.com/scottwongDC/status/984042692836495360

This is a chance for him to walk away with this dignity and quit being the waterboy for Trump's policies without causing an eruption of the Republican Party between the factions of Trump and the rest of the GOP. In the situation he is in, this is his best possible move if he wants a political future. And all over a job he didn't really want anyway.

QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 07:38 PM)
I would like to say: "Rest In Peace Barbara Bush."

She appeared to be a very nice lady and a classy individual. Peace to her loved ones at this difficult time. Mrs. Bush was a gem.

Roger Stone had some nice things to say about her. God this guy is an ass.

It's almost like that scene at the end of Field of Dreams with the father coming back to play catch with son...but his 25-30 year old version...have seen that particular photo before, but it's a cool piece of baseball history.

Of course, Lou Gehrig played for Columbia, but that was a decade (at least) prior.

Edited by caulfield12

Surprised at this result:

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-usa-election-millennials/exclusive-democrats-lose-ground-with-millennials-reuters-ipsos-poll-idUSKBN1I10YH

Would have thought those numbers would have gone up, not down by 9%.

Proving yet again that Americans, including young Americans, care about their pocket books more than social issues.

Matthews is skeptical of Democrats’ chances so far when he applies his old theory that for American voters, “the man with the sun on his face always beats the guy behind the desk.”

“Who are the Democrats going to put up who has a face, the sun on his face, who comes across as Mr. America—the guy or woman who just smiles and is American, is so healthy and happy to be an American, and wants to knock this guy off his throne? Who is that person?” asks Matthews.

“That’s a hell of a question, isn’t it? A helluva question. Because if it is somebody with a dark suit on and it looks like they belong behind a desk somewhere, who may be very good on full funding for Title X programs—you know, who’s one of those people, you know? It’s very hard to figure out. I can think of a lot of running mates.”

And don’t mistake how Trump’s carried on against the media or anyone else for changing the formula of what people are looking for in a president. “I don’t think Trump has lowered the heft requirement. I think with all his flaws, there’s heft there,” Matthews says. “He’s the leader. The Republican Party’s doing what he said.”

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/05/01/chris-matthews-interview-trump-2018-218116

47 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

No they didn't. They released claims about their actions years ago, they included nothing since the nuclear deal was signed. Your article is one of the ones who deliberately blur that line. They did this deliberately to fool people who are already willing to be fooled, the ones who think that our last war out there was great and we should do another one.

7 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Yeah it was a bunch of stuff the IAEA and the US have known about since at least 2011...and what the Iran deal was based around.

This would be hilarious if it wasn't being used to justify invading a country of 75 million.

WH Quietly Walks Back Statement That Iran Has Nuclear Weapons Program

TalkingPointsMemo, May 1, 2018 8:39 AM 

JERUSALEM (AP) — The latest on Israel’s claim that it has documents proving Iran had a nuclear weapons program in the past (all times local):

5:25 a.m.

Has or had? The White House is quietly walking back a charge that Iran maintains an active nuclear weapons program, saying it really meant that Iran had one before the 2015 nuclear agreement.

A statement sent to reporters Monday by Press Secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders said a cache of Iranian documents released by Israel is “consistent with what the United States has long known: Iran has a robust, clandestine nuclear weapons program.”

But intelligence agencies in the U.S. and overseas have stated that the 2015 nuclear deal has frozen Iran’s nuclear program.

The version of Sanders’ statement posted to the White House website has been modified to make clear Iran “had” such a program. The White House is calling it a “clerical error.”

10 hours ago, greg775 said:

Joy Behar needs to quit ripping Republicans just cause they are Republicans. Grow up, Ms. Behar.

I'm guessing over 95% of this board (including me) has no idea what or who you are referring to?  Care to elaborate?