Have You Seen Jake Burger Lately?

Ross Gload Fan

QUOTE (Ross Gload Fan @ Jan 2, 2018 -> 06:13 PM)
Jake Burger BP

Not gonna lie, he seems really devoted to fixing his flaws and working to be a beast. What are your realistic expectations for him in the grand scheme of things?

Beautiful swing and can you say loft city?

Crazy how different he looks already!

Burger and Delmonico have spent 90% of their offseason in Arizona taking swings and working out

Expect big things from both of them

A bunch of Sox prospects seem to be workout nuts, not sure if it just seems more so now with the climb of social media or these kids give more of a f*** than the previous prospects but it makes me happy to see

Even last year it seemed the only Sox putting in work was Avi

I want to say that Hostetler on a recent interview with f**an said that Burger was exhausted at the end. So aside from the swing, which I have truly no idea how to analyze a swing, it is nice to see that he seems to have taken that to heart and worked to build his body up to handle the workload.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 11:09 AM)
If it works for him sure, but I'm not sure I like how much his head position changes during the loading before the swing.

Looks like a pretty long, complicated swing IMO. Easy to see why he generates such power however and great overall balance. I wonder if the Sox will change some things with him this winter at their swing camp.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 05:41 PM)
Elaborating on this is merkin:

https://www.mlb.com/news/white-sox-prospect...6?tid=151437456

I have to say I didn't read that and feel that great about Sheets.

Isn't Sheets' dad an former MLBer and his coach in HS? I don't know if that's a point in his favor or not. Seems like he's had good coaching which might result in a lower ceiling. Or maybe his dad's coaching was holding him back. Or maybe it's neither or somewhere in between. Christ I'm sick of January already.

QUOTE (TheFutureIsNear @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 09:32 PM)
Looks good and trim, sweet beard too.

Not claiming to be an expert... but shouldn't those hands still be moving a little less? I was always taught to keep the hands back and load up sooner. Just seems like he'd be easy to get off balance with all of those moving parts in his swing.

No I agree his upper body is "noisy" as they say. I think the Sox might work with him some this winter on getting his hands a little closer to where they end up, maybe via a timing mechanism. His weight transfer is beautiful however and you can see the power from his hips.

Good that he is getting fitter albeit I hate the swing. Don't love the arm bar albeit todd frazier and others made it work. But I really hate how his upper body gets forward and the bat path gets down to the ball in the last second rather than the modern get on plane early.

I think the swing needs a lot of work.

Would start with keeping head more over rear hip as he strides and swings (look where Bellingers head is here at front foot strike https://youtu.be/7geVbyC9Doo) and then work at keeping the hands higher and level rather than down to the ball that much.

If he keeps his axis tilted back a little he can elevate the ball better, you can see why he hit 50% grounders last year.

Edited by GermanSock