Sox Sleepers

ChiSoxJon

My top 5

Evan Skoung (Winds up being our best C prospect after this year)

Luis Gonzalez (Solid #2 hitter potential)

Bernardo Flores (Turns out to be our best LH prospect)

Jake Burger (I think he will blow up this year and make the top 100 mid-season)

Dyaln Cease (yes I know he's a top 10 already but I am predicting that he will make the same sort of crazy jump Kopech did. Predicting he brings he control in while keeping his rediculous K numbers and just dominates the minors and moves into the top 25 prospects by year end)

These are my 5 under the radar with their bold predictions attached.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 11:38 AM)
Callis likes Daniel Palka alot (the guy we claimed from the Twins) as an under the radar out of the top 30 list.

He likes Sheets the most out of the 5 named earlier.

It’s been a few hours since I listened, but I think he picked him as most likely to make a big jump next year. Not necessarily liked him best long term. Maybe that was implied, but I think there’s a difference.

It was a good listen.

QUOTE (Blackout Friday @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 04:04 PM)
It’s been a few hours since I listened, but I think he picked him as most likely to make a big jump next year. Not necessarily liked him best long term. Maybe that was implied, but I think there’s a difference.

It was a good listen.

No, his comment about Sheets was that he is the most likely of that group to be a big leaguer. Said that while Adolfo has the highest ceiling, Sheets has the highest floor.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 10:26 AM)
My top 5

Dyaln Cease (yes I know he's a top 10 already but I am predicting that he will make the same sort of crazy jump Kopech did. Predicting he brings he control in while keeping his rediculous K numbers and just dominates the minors and moves into the top 25 prospects by year end)

I like your list although I don't have a clue about Skoug. All four

other guys could really make the Sox into a great team when they join

the big club.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 12:32 PM)
I love hearing Micker's name pop up in different spots. If that dude continues his breakout that makes us a lot deeper in the OF.

yeah...and he stressed the fact of how young he still is. Alluded that he'd be only a jr in college right now...but he already has X amount of years in pro ball already. I don't think even a lot of Sox fans (obviously everyone on here knows)...but the common Sox fan on the street know anything about this kid or his potential. And he's a BIG kid really...6-3'"....210ish.

QUOTE (Wanne @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 09:21 AM)
yeah...and he stressed the fact of how young he still is. Alluded that he'd be only a jr in college right now...but he already has X amount of years in pro ball already. I don't think even a lot of Sox fans (obviously everyone on here knows)...but the common Sox fan on the street know anything about this kid or his potential. And he's a BIG kid really...6-3'"....210ish.

Very true. His power has always been his #1 calling card, followed by his arm. Then to hear his arm compared to Vlad Guerrero. You can't teach that. That is a game altering skill.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jan 4, 2018 -> 09:34 AM)
Very true. His power has always been his #1 calling card, followed by his arm. Then to hear his arm compared to Vlad Guerrero. You can't teach that. That is a game altering skill.

See here.

http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?s=...t&p=3575167

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Jan 3, 2018 -> 11:26 AM)
My top 5

Small sample size, but Skoug strikes out far too often for me to have faith he can handle upper minors pitching. It's not as if his defense is standout either. Not bad for where we selected him in the draft, but the flaws seem significant.

QUOTE (steveno89 @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 10:24 AM)
Small sample size, but Skoug strikes out far too often for me to have faith he can handle upper minors pitching. It's not as if his defense is standout either. Not bad for where we selected him in the draft, but the flaws seem significant.

Its an extremely small sample size, hes only had 65 AB's in A ball, not really even enough time to acclimated to the change from metal to wood bats adjusting to handling an entire new staff of pitchers or any of the other transitions from playing a long college season to pro ball.

QUOTE (IowaSoxFan @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 02:35 PM)
Its an extremely small sample size, hes only had 65 AB's in A ball, not really even enough time to acclimated to the change from metal to wood bats adjusting to handling an entire new staff of pitchers or any of the other transitions from playing a long college season to pro ball.

He was one strikeout away from setting the college single season record, so its not like this was an anomaly.

QUOTE (oldsox @ Jan 8, 2018 -> 07:18 PM)
How many?

He had 98 in 261 at bats. The record was 99, but had 295 at bats, so Skoug was actually at a higher rate than the record.

I think Skoug could be good if he can get the strikeouts under control because he has awesome power, but the strikeouts are a problem and not just something that happened in pro ball.