Baseball America Top 10 Prospects

Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 11:37 AM)
Who said that? They have 6 on current list but that isn't updated. THey'll have 5 for sure though. I'm guessing they still have Rutherford on it.

I'm thinking 4 for sure.. With probably Cease at the back end. Who are you thinking is the 5th for sure?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jan 10, 2018 -> 08:52 PM)
Let's cross our fingers that of Burger, Collins and Rutherford, we get at least 2 productive (2.5+ WAR) contributors from that trio.

Interesting thing about all 3 is that they're fomer first rounders who I could easily see busting, becoming solid contributors, or being all-star.

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 09:32 AM)
Bet the house on it! :lol:

That depends on who's house is on the line.

BTW. How many fricken houses are left in the pool to bet with? I would imagine they have to run out at some point, right? :lol:

Edited by BlackSox13

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Jan 11, 2018 -> 11:16 AM)
Yes. I have it Eloy, Kopech, (both top 10), Hansen and Robert (both top 50). Then I'd guess Cease around 80 and Dunning just outside

MLB.com has already released info that reflected 6 Sox in top 100. So 2 of Cease, Dunning, or Rutherford are in the top 100 after Eloy, Kopech, Hansen and Robert.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 01:35 PM)
I just can't believe anyone still has him in the top 100 in all of baseball.. surprises me

Rutherford had a quote in the Athletic saying he grew another inch to inch and a half this offseason. It's easy to forget how young he is and still coming into his body. Obviously would like to see an improvement at the plate in 2018 but I don't think he should lose all of his stock as a prospect.

QUOTE (KrankinSox @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 02:38 PM)
Rutherford had a quote in the Athletic saying he grew another inch to inch and a half this offseason. It's easy to forget how young he is and still coming into his body. Obviously would like to see an improvement at the plate in 2018 but I don't think he should lose all of his stock as a prospect.

I agree but top 100 is a big deal. Hard to make it following a very down year

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 03:32 PM)

Most of the 2017 mid-season lists had him as a top 40 to 50 prospect. Hard to imagine them completely dropping him off after one bad half unless they want to acknowledge they completely whiffed with their original evaluations.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 03:42 PM)
Most of the 2017 mid-season lists had him as a top 40 to 50 prospect. Hard to imagine them completely dropping him off after one bad half unless they want to acknowledge they completely whiffed with their original evaluations.

Stats don't always tell the full story. If you are looking at a guy with a high ceiling, that doesn't go away just because they struggle for a season. We just saw that with Micker.

QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 05:46 PM)
I don't follow the minors nearly as closely as you guys do, but I like the mix of guys like Rutherford, whose floor is probably 4th OF, and Adolfo, whose ceiling is All Star. There's some nice balance there.

And the right fielder whose ceiling is "God of Thunder".

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Jan 18, 2018 -> 03:32 PM)

I sure hope I'm wrong but Rutherford just screams to me of being an overhyped Yankee prospect who loses his shine once he's out of pinstripes. I know he was well regarded coming out of the draft but...just not feeling this one.