**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

QUOTE (JenksIsMyHero @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 12:46 PM)
It was a check on Congress who could pass unfair/dangerous laws and the judiciary that had to enforce those laws. But when it's used to pardon friends, yes, it's an abusive/dangerous power.

The White House statement is the absolute worst. “I don’t know Mr. Libby,” Trump said in a statement, “but for years I have heard that he has been treated unfairly. Hopefully, this full pardon will help rectify a very sad portion of his life.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/tru...m=.b3172571fd60

Good thing the President doesn't know anything about the guy he just pardoned...

I thought the right was anti abortion. He used the NDA expert too.

WASHINGTON (AP) — A top fundraiser for President Donald Trump has resigned from the Republican National Committee following a report that he paid $1.6 million to a Playboy playmate he had an affair with.

Elliott Broidy told RNC Chairwoman Ronna McDaniel Friday afternoon that he was resigning immediately, an RNC official familiar with the discussion said. The official requested anonymity to discuss a private phone call between McDaniel and Broidy.

The Wall Street Journal reported Friday that Trump's personal lawyer Michael Cohen helped negotiate a non-disclosure agreement between Broidy and the model last year. The unidentified playmate elected to have an abortion after discovering she was pregnant.

Broidy apologized to his wife for the affair in a statement provided to The Associated Press Friday.

Something I read today is the very successful tax cuts will have ramifications for sports teams. Businesses can’t write off 50% of their expenses for entertainment anymore. . This really might hurt suite revenue, and probably will hurt revenuefrom every premium level.

The Cubs new club costs $56k a year. This really has to hurt that.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 06:32 AM)
Mission accomplished. Where have we seen that before?

By that he meant that his mission to get the MSM to stop talking about his criminal connections for a few hours was a success.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 09:44 AM)
And instead get Russia talking about nuclear war.

I think Russia loves having Trump in charge. They know they are one complement away from having him in the palm of their hand at any moment.

I don’t actually think Russia might have set this whole nerve gas attack up knowing Trump would have to take action and probably scoring him some points in the US while taking the focus off other things. But I actually am sad I think it is at least slightly possible.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Apr 14, 2018 -> 10:29 AM)
I think Russia loves having Trump in charge. They know they are one complement away from having him in the palm of their hand at any moment.

I don’t actually think Russia might have set this whole nerve gas attack up knowing Trump would have to take action and probably scoring him some points in the US while taking the focus off other things. But I actually am sad I think it is at least slightly possible.

He did spent a lot of years support the king of wag the dog in Bill Clinton.

But even those occasions are unlikely to divert the President's mind from the ever-expanding controversies. Seemingly by the day, the legal distractions have mounted. And next week will provide little respite.

ABC is set to air its full interview with Comey on Sunday evening. And on Monday, Cohen is scheduled to appear before a US district judge in New York to explain his business practices, which have allegedly included orchestrating hush money payments on Trump's behalf.

Stormy Daniels, the adult film actress who alleges she had sex with Trump and was paid for her silence, will be sitting in the courtroom. cnn.com

Interestingly enough, Trump?€s popularity ratings are peaking as well...with some polls having him at 40 or low 40?€s.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/james-comey...ory?id=54474666

Comey interview with Stephanopolous at 9 pm CST on ABC News.

Edited by caulfield12

“Russia and China are playing the Currency Devaluation game as the U.S. keeps raising interest rates. Not acceptable!”?

How did he get into Wharton again?

The RMB has gone from the 6.8-7.0 band all the way back down to 6.27/28 again. About a 10% rise in value since 2016.

That’s actually called strengthening, not devaluing. Ugh.

It makes imports cheaper and exports less competitive.

The U.S. Treasury said in a semiannual report Friday that no major U.S. trading partner met the qualifications for being labeled a currency manipulator. China remained on the Treasury's "monitoring list" for currency practices and macroeconomic policies, while Russia is not on the list. In recent weeks, the Chinese yuan has hit its strongest against the U.S. dollar since the surprise devaluation of the currency in August 2015. The yuan was trading near 6.28.

Edited by caulfield12

Trump administration bombing Syria is not a "wag the dog" or "distraction". He is just one in a long line of presidents who feel the need to bomb people. America never needs an excuse to bomb another country.

Seeing as the only "work" Cohen seems to do as an attorney is hush payments, Im going to guess that is what Hannity was paying him for.

Cohen really had to be up to something, because only having 3 clients is absurdly small. Its not like he was general counsel for Trump's business, the business actually has its own real lawyers.

(Edit)

So some quick research, maybe related to:

http://www.newsweek.com/sean-hannity-debbi...fox-news-588881

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 02:40 PM)
Seeing as the only "work" Cohen seems to do as an attorney is hush payments, Im going to guess that is what Hannity was paying him for.

Cohen really had to be up to something, because only having 3 clients is absurdly small. Its not like he was general counsel for Trump's business, the business actually has its own real lawyers.

He fancies himself as a real life Ray Donovan. He doesn't even try to hide it. Fix Trump's messes. Fix Hannity's messes, fix the RNC guy's mess.

From what I have read, his skills as an actual attorney with knowledge of the law, appear not be be all that impressive. It's no secret Trump has used legal bullying all throughout his career. I guess being loud and intimidating people is what he is good at.

Edited by Dick Allen