**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

Kanye West, Chance the Rapper and Abraham Lincoln

Trump was asked about the rapper’s unsolicited praise of him on Twitter. “I have known Kanye a little bit. And I get along with Kanye,” the president said. “Kanye looks and he sees black unemployment at the lowest it’s been in the history of our country. He sees Hispanic unemployment at the lowest its been in the history of our country. He sees, by the way, female unemployment — women — the lowest it’s been now in almost 19 years. He sees that stuff, and he’s smart and he says, ’You know what? Trump is doing a much better job than the Democrats did.’”

Trump was also asked about Chance the Rapper’s assertion that “black people don’t have to be Democrats.”

“People don’t realize, you know, if you go back to the Civil War, it was the Republicans that really did the thing,” Trump said. “Lincoln was a Republican. I mean, somehow it changed over the years. And I will say I believe it’s changing back.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-sounds-off-comey-cohen-kanye-freewheeling-fox-friends-interview-135144849.html?guccounter=1

On 4/26/2018 at 12:08 AM, Texsox said:

So how does Trump benefit by not acknowledging the Waffle House shooter or hero? Is his base really as bad as Dems want to paint it out to be? 

Yes. They literally go out and chant "Blood and Soil" and "Jews will not replace us" (Nazi slogans in 1930s Germany) in swastika armbands and MAGA hats. This is not exaggeration, it's observed behavior. These are literal white supremacists that support Trump. The benefit he gets from not talking about the black hero that stopped the white supremacist shooter is his base stays happy with him.

I just listened to this story this weekend, seems relevant

tl;dl when the Klan, which was really strong in Indiana in the 1920's, tried to come hold a march in South Bend, Notre Dame students fought back, lured them into alleys, beat them and and generally just chased them out of town. The ND President made the "Fighting Irish" the school mascot shortly after that.

Edited by StrangeSox

42 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

Trump is holding a rally in South Bend in a week (May 10th) at their airport.

There will be thousands upon thousands who were not able to get in. Of course, they never made an effort, but that's beside the point.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

There will be thousands upon thousands who were not able to get in. Of course, they never made an effort, but that's beside the point.

The confederate flags on the way to the airport will be a deeply felt expression of economic anxiety.