**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

16 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

And if they do "gouge", raise prices beyond what is required based on the raw materials, basic economics - their competitors will be able to undercut their prices unless the full market is a monopoly. Alcohol isn't. So if you're seeing a $.10 a can increase, buy something else.

This hurts smaller, craft brewers way more than it hurts the big guys.  Most of the small shops can their product, and their margins are pretty thin on the liquor store shelf.  Alcohol may not be a monopoly, but the increase in the price of raw materials hurts the smaller guys a lot more than the big guys.  Source: friends who own breweries. 

16 minutes ago, illinilaw08 said:

This hurts smaller, craft brewers way more than it hurts the big guys.  Most of the small shops can their product, and their margins are pretty thin on the liquor store shelf.  Alcohol may not be a monopoly, but the increase in the price of raw materials hurts the smaller guys a lot more than the big guys.  Source: friends who own breweries. 

Absolutely, and the InBev/MC may swallow the higher operating costs hoping to kill out a lot of the competition or buy for cheap. A lot of these microbrews started in 08 and later with an expectation of cheap labor and commodities, I doubt many had a business plan for this.

2 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Why is the media so scared to call him a liar?  He lies all the time.

That's what I don't get. The guy has never been held accountable a day in his life.  Yet no one calls people or entities dishonest more than he does. And he's being dishonest when he says it.

Edited by Dick Allen

10 minutes ago, BigSqwert said:

Why is the media so scared to call him a liar?  He lies all the time.

Lawsuits. 

You'd have to actually conciously know that he intended to lie. Without him outright saying that, the best they can say is "said something which isn't true."

8 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Lawsuits. 

You'd have to actually conciously know that he intended to lie. Without him outright saying that, the best they can say is "said something which isn't true."

what if it's your own ethics office basically admitting you lied?

On 5/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Is the footage out there? I don't doubt something happened but I question the extent of it. Usually you see cell phone footage of stuff like this. 

3 minutes ago, Brian said:

Is the footage out there? I don't doubt something happened but I question the extent of it. Usually you see cell phone footage of stuff like this. 

Dont care about Shapiro websites, wouldnt give him a click if he paid me.

2 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

Dont care about Shapiro websites, wouldnt give him a click if he paid me.

Had no idea that was his site. Imagine if a cop shot that black trump supporter.

26 minutes ago, LittleHurt05 said:

If you leave the house wearing anything MAGA nowadays, getting harassed is pretty much the status quo.

The Alt-Left are revealing who they are through hate, bigotry, bullying, intimidation and racism. It is no wonder why moderate liberals will be coming in droves to vote trump in 2020 and why Trump is so popular with African Americans, relatively speaking of course, in comparison to past conservatives. The far radical left will destroy the party if this foolishness does not come to an end.

Maybe Im old fashioned, but Im just not sure why this is news at all. It seems like the snowflake party is now trying to expand safe spaces to private companies.

I dont think anyone should be threatened in public, it really seems like this should be up to the Cheesecake Factory how it wants to handle it. Their employees seemingly acted poorly, its up to them how to handle it.

Just now, Soxbadger said:

Maybe Im old fashioned, but Im just not sure why this is news at all. It seems like the snowflake party is now trying to expand safe spaces to private companies.

I dont think anyone should be threatened in public, it really seems like this should be up to the Cheesecake Factory how it wants to handle it. Their employees seemingly acted poorly, its up to them how to handle it.

Ok. But in comparison,  should the Starbucks story deserve to get 100x the press this one got?

1 minute ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Ok. But in comparison,  should the Starbucks story deserve to get 100x the press this one got?

The Starbucks story should have gotten 0 press. It was a stupid decision by 1 manager. Given what Starbucks actual policies are, its mind boggling that the manager did that.

4 minutes ago, Whitesoxin2019 said:

Two people were arrested at Starbucks merely for being black.  It’s absolutely worse than cheesecake factoryCheesecake Factory

He's probably talking about the more recent story where a big wig at Duke got two people fired because he didn't like that they played rap music on the store radio. A man in his position using his power to punish others for no real reason is bad and deserves attention.

Conversely, getting booed out of a cheesecake factory is hilarious in almost any circumstance