**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

19 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Do you watch the MSM? It's all Russia stuff. That's full on embrace of a politically motivated conspiracy theory from the establishment left. 

Why do you watch it if it’s all wrong and biased?

and if you say you don’t, how do you conclude it is all Russian stuff? 

23 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Sounds like you following the trump family. I’m in control of my emotions though so it’s all good

I can't help but follow the Trump family, plus it does affect my life. You can choose not to watch CNN if you consider what they report to not be true and totally biased. I would never watch Hannity's show but I do pick up some of what he says from other outlets. 

IMO, the best thing the MSM could do would be to not show up at a Trump rally. Being ignored would drive him crazy. But unfortunately, due to his position, he cannot be ignored.

Edited by Dick Allen

4 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I can't help but follow the Trump family, plus it does affect my life. You can choose not to watch CNN if you consider what they report to not be true and totally biased. I would never watch Hannity's show but I do pick up some of what he says from other outlets. 

IMO, the best thing the MSM could do would be to not show up at a Trump rally. Being ignored would drive him crazy. But unfortunately, due to his position, he cannot be ignored.

If he was deliberately ignored, he would do one of two things.  Force/compel the media to cover him (threatening to ban or arrest) with an Executive Order, or 2) do something so unhinged like declare a nuclear war or double the amount of tariffs on China (beyond the actual amount of Chinese goods exported) so that there would be no choice but to cover it.

“Steel pricing is usually relatively stable,” said Al Rheinnecker, CEO of American Piping Products in Chesterfield, Missouri, which distributes steel pipe to numerous industries. But “since April, you can quote something on Monday, and if the customer doesn’t buy it right away, you may have to raise the price on Thursday.”

So far, Rheinnecker has managed to pass along the higher costs to his customers. He’s not sure how long that will last.

The Commerce Department is allowing companies to request exemptions from the steel and aluminum tariffs — if they can show that the metals they need aren’t available from Americans producers. The department expected 4,500 requests. But it’s been overwhelmed by more than 20,000. This week, it said it has processed just 98 requests so far, approving 42 and denying 56.

The rising tensions and the chaos surrounding the steel and aluminum tariffs are starting to generate pushback on Capitol Hill. Senators this week grilled Commerce Secretary Wilbur Ross.

“As you consider these tariffs, know that you are taxing American families, you are putting American jobs at risk, and you are destroying markets — both foreign and domestic — for American businesses of all types, sorts and sizes,” said Senate Finance Chairman Orrin Hatch, R-Utah.

Economists and trade analysts worry that there may be no way out of an all-out trade war between the United States and its most vital trading partners.

“The president has been so belligerent that it becomes almost impossible for democratically elected leaders — or even a non-democratic leader like (Chinese president) Xi Jinping — to appear to kowtow and give in,” said Philip Levy, senior fellow at the Chicago Council on Global Affairs and a former White House trade adviser. “The president has made it very hard for other countries to give him what he wants.”

https://www.yahoo.com/news/president-trump-struck-first-blow-074241907.html

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, the president’s daughter and son-in-law, brought in at least $82 million in outside income while serving as senior White House advisers during 2017, according to new financial disclosure forms released Monday.

Ivanka Trump earned $3.9 million from her stake in the Trump International Hotel in Washington, while Kushner reported over $5 million in income from Quail Ridge, a Kushner Cos. apartment complex acquired last year in Plainsboro, New Jersey.

The filings show how the couple are collecting immense sums from other enterprises while serving in the White House, an extraordinary income flow that ethics experts have warned could create potential conflicts of interests.

While both Kushner and Ivanka Trump were required to file financial forms last year, it is difficult to compare their past to present wealth because there are several months of overlap in the reporting period and the Office of Government Ethics uses broad ranges to calculate assets and liabilities.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/11/disclosure-jared-ivanka-made-82-million-last-year/

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Ivanka Trump and Jared Kushner, the president’s daughter and son-in-law, brought in at least $82 million in outside income while serving as senior White House advisers during 2017, according to new financial disclosure forms released Monday.

Ivanka Trump earned $3.9 million from her stake in the Trump International Hotel in Washington, while Kushner reported over $5 million in income from Quail Ridge, a Kushner Cos. apartment complex acquired last year in Plainsboro, New Jersey.

The filings show how the couple are collecting immense sums from other enterprises while serving in the White House, an extraordinary income flow that ethics experts have warned could create potential conflicts of interests.

While both Kushner and Ivanka Trump were required to file financial forms last year, it is difficult to compare their past to present wealth because there are several months of overlap in the reporting period and the Office of Government Ethics uses broad ranges to calculate assets and liabilities.

https://www.mercurynews.com/2018/06/11/disclosure-jared-ivanka-made-82-million-last-year/

Serious question, why does this even matter?

Are they not allowed to make money while serving?

7 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

Serious question, why does this even matter?

Are they not allowed to make money while serving?

Conflicts of interests to start. Using their WH position to make money isn’t very ethical. Whether they do or Not I do not know.

1 hour ago, Dick Allen said:

Conflicts of interests to start. Using their WH position to make money isn’t very ethical. Whether they do or Not I do not know.

How is earning money from the stake Ivanka has in a hotel because of her WH position? Or Kushner owning an apartment complex?

I feel like the media and people are just reaching for things at this point.

38 minutes ago, BigHurt3515 said:

How is earning money from the stake Ivanka has in a hotel because of her WH position? Or Kushner owning an apartment complex?

I feel like the media and people are just reaching for things at this point.

Actually I really don’t see much of this in the media, but it is why most give up their stakes in things when they take a political post. Doing business with a Trump hotel because it may help you change policy or get taken care of some way should’nt be tolerated. Jared with his supposedly precarious financial situation with a building he bought, could bring favor to someone who  bails him out, and could be trouble for someone who refuses.His family was using him to sell. Independent watchdog groups have been monitoring and have cried foul several times. It isn’t serving when you are out for personal gain.

according to Eric, the Trump Organization gets all the money they need from Russia. It may explain why Trump doesn’t talk so tough about them. 

Edited by Dick Allen

10 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Actually I really don’t see much of this in the media, but it is why most give up their stakes in things when they take a political post. Doing business with a Trump hotel because it may help you change policy or get taken care of some way should’nt be tolerated. Jared with his supposedly precarious financial situation with a building he bought, could bring favor to someone who  bails him out, and could be trouble for someone who refuses.His family was using him to sell. Independent watchdog groups have been monitoring and have cried foul 8several times. It isn’t serving when you are out for personal gain.

according to Eric, the Trump Organization gets all the money they need from Russia. It may explain why Trump doesn’t talk so tough about them. 

Kushner companies are still swimming in debt on that 666 Bldg...theyve tried to offload it to a Chinese insurance company which later was nationalized for risky financial moves like buying the Waldorf Astoria, various Middle Eastern banks and sovereign wealth funds, Russia, Deutsche Bank, etc. When you give foreign entities financial sway over your personal finances, the possibilities for influencing Trump admin policy are endless.  Most recently, it played out over huge Chinese loans for a resort project in Jakarta that mysteriously had Trump bailing out ZTE telecom company days later in spite of Congress being universally against the move.

Edited by caulfield12

I'm interested to see what the remainder of this board thinks, but to me, Trump's ( and his family's) behavior speaks volumes about whether or not there was coordination with Russia on the 2016 campaign. All of his behavior points to someone who is guilty as sin, and is using every bit of the power that his office holds to keep himself out of jail as long as possible. He knows he's been found out, but he thinks somehow he can weasel his way out of it. The arrogance and hubris know no bounds. If this was really a partisan witch hunt, he would have an idgaf attitude, let them investigate, I'll testify because I have nothing to hide. The urgency to sweep the whole thing under the rug, end the investigation ASAP, along with other things point to someone who is super guilty, has a TON to hide, and everything to lose if even 10% of his skeletons are found in the closet. 

Edited by Jack Parkman
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, Jack Parkman said:

I'm interested to see what the remainder of this board thinks, but to me, Trump's ( and his family's) behavior speaks volumes about whether or not there was coordination with Russia on the 2016 campaign. All of his behavior points to someone who is guilty as sin, and is using every bit of the power that his office holds to keep himself out of jail as long as possible. He knows he's been found out, but he thinks somehow he can weasel his way out of it. The arrogance and hubris know no bounds. If this was really a partisan witch hunt, he would have an idgaf attitude, let them investigate, I'll testify because I have nothing to hide. The urgency to sweep the whole thing under the rug, end the investigation ASAP, along with other things point to someone who is super guilty, has a TON to hide, and everything to lose if even 10% of his skeletons are found in the closet. 

Just like everything else in his life, Trump is in it for Trump. Nothing else. Hugging the flag, calling himself a patriot,  all part of the show. His campaign had a ton of contact with Russian operatives. They definitely hacked the election , Trump is soft on Putin. It all adds up. Whether there will be enough to impeach him or not is the question,  and with spineless republicans the answer is almost a lock no. Any vote for a republican senator or congressman in the midterms, or write in or independent that has no chance, is a vote for Trump to go unchecked the rest of his term. If the right is really as much about the constitution as their 2nd amendment cries, they will do the right thing. I understand for a republican,  having a dem house and Senate isn't ideal, but they bought the Trump snake oil, they have to make a sacrifice to bring common sense and civility back to this country. 

59 minutes ago, Dick Allen said:

Just like everything else in his life, Trump is in it for Trump. Nothing else. Hugging the flag, calling himself a patriot,  all part of the show. His campaign had a ton of contact with Russian operatives. They definitely hacked the election , Trump is soft on Putin. It all adds up. Whether there will be enough to impeach him or not is the question,  and with spineless republicans the answer is almost a lock no. Any vote for a republican senator or congressman in the midterms, or write in or independent that has no chance, is a vote for Trump to go unchecked the rest of his term. If the right is really as much about the constitution as their 2nd amendment cries, they will do the right thing. I understand for a republican,  having a dem house and Senate isn't ideal, but they bought the Trump snake oil, they have to make a sacrifice to bring common sense and civility back to this country. 

He's not going to last the four years. Anybody who colluded with Russia on anything should be considered evil. Just think how scary your sentence is "they definitely hacked the election." For Russia to be able to hack our election makes me have a sick feeling in my stomach like they are laughing at us behind closed doors and actually may have plotted how to take over the U.S./world someday. It's creepy to know they hacked our election and they are watching us and have infiltrated us. If Trump can be ousted over this, start the proceedings baby.

Edited by greg775

5 hours ago, greg775 said:

He's not going to last the four years. Anybody who colluded with Russia on anything should be considered evil. Just think how scary your sentence is "they definitely hacked the election." For Russia to be able to hack our election makes me have a sick feeling in my stomach like they are laughing at us behind closed doors and actually may have plotted how to take over the U.S./world someday. It's creepy to know they hacked our election and they are watching us and have infiltrated us. If Trump can be ousted over this, start the proceedings baby.

1) Weaken NATO and the European Union so they can operate with impunity...check

2) Create chaos/discord/disharmony in the US (giving American leaders less time to focus on Russia)...check

3) Cause voters to question whether elections are rigged/interfered with, so they don’t even show up to vote at all...check

4) Do things like build transnational/transcontinental pipelines while everyone else is too distracted to pay attention...check

5) Continue to box the US in by working with China and other like-minded UN countries...check

6) Drive a further wedge between the US and Europe...Trump tariffs would never have been imposed by Clinton, same with pulling out of Paris Climate Accords, etc.

7) Focus on US takes away from investigations into anti-democratic activities in Russia, such as silencing the media through threats and assassinations, bogus elections, Ukraine invasion, shooting down jetliners, etc.

8 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

Trump Deputy Campaign Chairman David Bessie told a black panelist on Fox News today he was out of his cotton pickin mind. Casual racism is great. A lot of fine racists.

Stuff like this just floors me. I mean how fricking stupid can a public figure be? To say what he did is just plain imbecilic. I didn't see it but the minute the other guest expressed shock/anger at that statement, Bessie shoulda took over the show and apologized profusely immediately. "Oh my gosh, sir, I am so sorry. Cotton picking mind is a figure of speech that came into my head and I certainly did not mean to insult you. I reiterate I am very sorry and I truly ask your forgiveness for using that cliche that has no business ever being said again. Please sir, forgive me!"

59 minutes ago, greg775 said:

Stuff like this just floors me. I mean how fricking stupid can a public figure be? To say what he did is just plain imbecilic. I didn't see it but the minute the other guest expressed shock/anger at that statement, Bessie shoulda took over the show and apologized profusely immediately. "Oh my gosh, sir, I am so sorry. Cotton picking mind is a figure of speech that came into my head and I certainly did not mean to insult you. I reiterate I am very sorry and I truly ask your forgiveness for using that cliche that has no business ever being said again. Please sir, forgive me!"

Trump would fire him on the spot.  They simply don’t believe in apologies, philosophically.  The closest ever was the grabbing the girls by the @#$&*, but even that was half-hearted.

• Like 1