**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

2 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Bill O'Reilly's most recent column basically states Putin beat Trump. So maybe today is finally the line getting crossed. 

I know the MAGA people wont care, but I just cant believe that the rest of congress can turn a blind eye. 

You haven't been paying attention the past 1.5 years.

3 minutes ago, Steve9347 said:

You haven't been paying attention the past 1.5 years.

There is a difference. Before today people could at least hold out hope that Trump would stand his ground.

But today was a pretty cowardly, and Im not sure anyone can deny that. 

4 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

There is a difference. Before today people could at least hold out hope that Trump would stand his ground.

But today was a pretty cowardly, and Im not sure anyone can deny that. 

lol

He already gave his post-meeting interviews with both Hannity and Tucker Carlson. The official spin line will be out tonight. Several Republicans and Fox News personalities are already practicing it.

We'll see a wave of Very Deeply Concerned statements from Republicans who will then do absolutely nothing, even the Deeply Troubled Senators who could grind his entire admin to a halt single-handily if they wanted to.

Edited by StrangeSox
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

lol

He already gave his post-meeting interviews with both Hannity and Tucker Carlson. The official spin line will be out tonight. Several Republicans and Fox News personalities are already practicing it.

We'll see a wave of Very Deeply Concerned statements from Republicans who will then do absolutely nothing, even the Deeply Troubled Senators who could grind his entire admin to a halt single-handily if they wanted to.

Maybe they will maybe they wont. Senator McCarthy's fall from grace was very quick, so you just never know. And irrespective of party, I still hold out hope that most people want what is best for America. 

49 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

This reads like a guy who this morning just read that England, Great Britain and the United Kingdom are all different things for the first time.

I very much disagree. That reads like a guy who had heard all 3 terms and never, ever realized they weren't interchangeable. 

40 minutes ago, Soxbadger said:

Maybe they will maybe they wont. Senator McCarthy's fall from grace was very quick, so you just never know. And irrespective of party, I still hold out hope that most people want what is best for America. 

They won't and they don't.

People keep on trying to convince themselves that a party of insane people is going to one day just calm itself down. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, GoSox05 said:

They won't and they don't.

People keep on trying to convince themselves that a party of insane people is going to one day just calm itself down. 

Here is video of a 5 year old boy that was split from his asylum seeking family for 2 months, returned seemingly shell shocked, bruised, and with rashes.

As long as the Republican Party gets this done to people and gets their tax cuts, they don't care about a little treason.

I would love to hear any American's reasoning that makes Trump's cozying up to Putin and rejecting his own Intelligence agencies' (run by his own nominees) unambiguous assessments of a national threat while standing next to the worst offender, somehow, OK.

Putin couldn’t have been behind this most recent nerve agent attack because The Donald and Theresa May warned him...and he is so much more fearful of Trump than Obama or HRC.

Honestly, at this point, we might as well install the Kushners as King and Queen and Donald Jr., as the Court Jester/Gaston from Beauty and the Beast comedic foil.   Things could hardly be more embarrassing.

13 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I would love to hear any American's reasoning that makes Trump's cozying up to Putin and rejecting his own Intelligence agencies' (run by his own nominees) unambiguous assessments of a national threat while standing next to the worst offender, somehow, OK.

Carlson and Hannity are going through the talking points right now so they can unveil them on their shows later.  Guarantee whatever they say will be the blueprint defense used by the pro-Trump crowd going forward.

22 minutes ago, caulfield12 said:

Putin couldn’t have been behind this most recent nerve agent attack because The Donald and Theresa May warned him...and he is so much more fearful of Trump than Obama or HRC.

Honestly, at this point, we might as well install the Kushners as King and Queen and Donald Jr., as the Court Jester/Gaston from Beauty and the Beast comedic foil.   Things could hardly be more embarrassing.

Shhhhh. Don't say that. You might give Der Trumpenfuhrer ideas. He's too stupid to come up with any original thoughts. 

Edited by Jack Parkman

7 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

That could be any gun rights organization.

Force of habit makes me think any US individual involved in any of this Russia stuff is Carter Page, ha.

Per the email quoted in the indictment, the Gun Rights Organization is referred to as "the largest sponsor of elections to the US Congress, as well as a sponsor of The CPAC conference [...]".

NRA's been linked to Russian funding already, too

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/nra-russia-money-guns-516804

Too bad about scumbags in both parties Republicans' repeated efforts to block any sort of legislation requiring full disclosure of that sort of funding, though.

22 minutes ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

I think it's actually going to be sickeningly fun replying with the comments of this administration to this post. For example:

1 minute ago, StrangeSox said:

Per the email quoted in the indictment, the Gun Rights Organization is referred to as "the largest sponsor of elections to the US Congress, as well as a sponsor of The CPAC conference [...]".

NRA's been linked to Russian funding already, too

https://www.politico.com/story/2018/04/11/nra-russia-money-guns-516804

Too bad about scumbags in both parties Republicans' repeated efforts to block any sort of legislation requiring full disclosure of that sort of funding, though.

I suppose I should have put that in green.

I don’t think there is a pee tape, but I do think it is all about money. I think Trump knows Putin could take down the Trump Organization in a day. Eric said they are financed with Russian mo ey. That dries up and/or some money laundering or the like gets exposed, Trumpis probably bankrupt again.

44 minutes ago, raBBit said:

You would think having engagement with adversaries is a good thing unless you are for conflict/war. If Obama met with Putin in this fashion he would be received as a peace bringer. Even at the height of the civil war JFK had a direct line Kruschev. Is the objection here as to how Trump acted towards Putin? Is the outrage due to idea that Trump connected with Russians so that they would finance social advertising for him, Sanders and Jill Stein? Nothing Trump said today is any different than anything he's said in the last month or so. "Peter Strzok and his lovers texts. He is disgraceful." "It's a witch hunt." "Where's the server?" All the same stuff over and over again. 

I am curious as to why the Obama administration didn't feel the need to act on this plot when they first became aware of it in September of 2016? Was it not significant enough to be acted on or to inform the voters they may have been subjected to Russian financed advertising on their social media platforms? At what point did it become worthy of constant media attention and years of government investigation.

Regardless, I don't get the outrage. Rosenstein said there were no Americans involved. Rosenstein - "Today's charges include no allegations of knowing involvement by anyone on the campaign and no allegations that the alleged hacking affected the election result," What am I missing here? Clinton didn't lose because of this. She lost because both Michigan and Pennsylvania felt compelled, for whatever reason, to vote Republican for the first time since 1988. HRC opted not to include time in Wisconsin on her election schedule and so they voted Republican for the first time since 1984.

Is it that Trump is siding with Russia over the Intelligence community? I could get that argument if the intelligence community didn't have such an awful track record of reason. But really, this is just a case of "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Trump's two biggest enemies, the media and the intelligence community, have intertwined Putin into their Russia media frenzy. So Trump and Putin have common enemies. The result of that seems to be improved diplomacy according to the two leaders of USA & Russia. My issue is that there are a lot of people who identify with opposing Trump and because of Trump's public opposition of the intelligence community, these anti-Trumpers reflexively defend the intelligence agencies and take their word as fact. That's not healthy for a society. 

The intelligence community has an awful track record. The FBI had to release five senior officials from their positions because of their transgressions. I couldn't find another time in history where a similar situation occurred. Of course the FBI doesn't sniff the rank of corruptness the CIA has shown over the years. The incredible growth of the drone wars (in activity, surveillance, attacks, dead civilians, countries, etc.). Torture occurred. They lied. They got caught. Mass surveillance of Americans happened. They lied. They got caught. Leaks on their hacking strategies that included the use of household electronics to spy on unwitting Americans. Government coups causing disruption on multiple continents. Funding extremists in the middle east, funding Osama bin Laden, etc. Ted Kaczynski developments. Knowingly contracting men with STDs in San Francisco. Kidnapping and torture of German citizen in 03. They ratted on Nelson Mandela leading to his 3 decades in jail. The list goes on and on.

It's not as if Trump is the first to criticize the intelligence community. JFK also ripped the intelligence community and said they needed to “splinter the C.I.A. in a thousand pieces and scatter it to the winds." Read Bernie Sanders old quotes. See how Eisenhower felt about them. 

Bro, I try to see the good in you. The fact you just wrote this I’d unreal. 

• Like 1