**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

4 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

The NY state attorney general because the entire thing is currently being sued by the State of New York as having been run fraudulently for personal enrichment and as a tax exempt arm of their campaign.

And also on the Clinton foundation's 2017 financials, I'm no expert in when charities release their financial statements, but I do have the ability to look at dates when news stories were published. Here's at least 1 article on their 2016 financial report, dated November 20th of 2017.

Maybe they are being audited.  

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

I don't know what this means.

Trump claims he can't release his tax returns because he's being audited. It's true that (some?) they are under audit, but that does not prevent him from releasing.

now who's ready to be shocked that Trump's gone back to not accepting the broad intelligence community's assessment that Russia is still actively targeting US elections?

boy all those credulous headlines about Trump "walking back" his statement, which he didn't even really do, sure look silly now!

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Trump announced he was dissolving the foundation after he was elected but the NY AG is holding up the dissolution process. I don't think the foundation is still active as it creates potential for conflict of interest but it is legally still open until that lawsuit gets wrapped up.

It's really silly to even compare the two. Trump's foundation was a small (relatively speaking) private, family foundation. The Clinton Foundation is a large public charity. Bill Clinton took in plenty of speaking fees from donors and internal memos of the Clinton Foundation show that the top donors were encouraged to pay Clinton for speaking arrangements. 

So in other words they were in operation in 2016 and have not yet released a financial statement and you're criticizing one organization for not yet releasing their financial statement that year while not criticizing another for not yet releasing its financial statement that same year.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Oh so you're just after tax returns? The Clinton Tax form for 2016 was released in November of 2017. Each previous audited release has happened on November 15 of the subsequent year - 2016 was released on November 15 2017, 2015 was released on November 15 2016, 2014 was released on November 15 2015. So your statement:

They never posted their 2017 financials. Kind of strange. Far from transparent. I saw a link on another site to their 2017 financials and it directs to a Chelsea Clinton newsletter. 

Is kind of strange only in the sense that it is July and not November 15.

7 minutes ago, raBBit said:

Wrong and wrong again. 

actually the Clinton Foundation does have audited numbers for 2016, which is what you came up with for Trump. So the same. LMAO. 

Must be some liberal conspiracy.  

Edited by Dick Allen
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, raBBit said:

Are you pivoting your argument? I thought you took exception to me holding them to different standards (which was a lie). But you are right that the Clinton's foundation reports it in November. I don't know what the point of bringing the Trump Foundation is. Apparently someone didn't understand the immaterial size of the foundation. The Clinton Foundation  is roughly 350x the size of the Trump Foundation. The Clinton Foundation got money around the world from donors also paying Bill for speaking fees. The Clinton Foundation has a lot of overhead and significant individuals employed there. Trump's foundation expenses were largely due to accounting fees. They're just not comparable whatsoever. 

Yet the Trump Foundation has some issues. Big issues. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, raBBit said:

LOL, stick to social issues.

http://time.com/5032744/president-trump-is-officially-dissolving-his-charitable-foundation/

Uh yeah, I was the one who posted them.

BBC from 2017 with a list of potential Trump conflicts of interest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38069298

If you are concerned about conflicts of interest, I'm not entirely sure why you think Trump is clean...

Also... Trump campaign spent over $13M at Trump properties since 2016.  And, as a reminder, Trump did not divest himself of his interest in his businesses.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/394576-gop-government-groups-have-spent-161m-at-trump-org-properties-since-his

3 minutes ago, raBBit said:

That is the fact of the matter. You're over your head here.

Trump started the process to dissolve the foundation. That is a fact. Why he did so is a different question. You are taking the self-serving word of a man who lies repeatedly about even the most trivial and easily disprovable things as "the fact of the matter" on that. That is an hilarious level of gullibility.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, illinilaw08 said:

BBC from 2017 with a list of potential Trump conflicts of interest.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38069298

If you are concerned about conflicts of interest, I'm not entirely sure why you think Trump is clean...

Also... Trump campaign spent over $13M at Trump properties since 2016.  And, as a reminder, Trump did not divest himself of his interest in his businesses.

http://thehill.com/policy/finance/394576-gop-government-groups-have-spent-161m-at-trump-org-properties-since-his

He also substantially reversed his position/stance on China a day or two after they granted his company a $500M loan. But hey, CLINTON FOUNDATION!

It's all just lame whataboutism anyway. When the lawsuit was filed against the Trump Foundation with copious amounts of documentation, he more or less dismissed it and mocked the idea that the sitting President and his children being sued for charitable fraud and being referred to the FEC and IRS for potential criminal charges was a big story.

Edited by StrangeSox

That was Trump in 2007  directing paying off a settlement with Palm Beach by using his charity's funds. They probably used to teach that at Trump U. The NY AG ordered the Trump Organization to stop soliciting funds in October of 2016. Considering he didn't self fund, they essentially shut it down. Trump's claim of shutting it down due to conflicts of interest and someone actually buying that is hysterical.  

Edited by Dick Allen

12 minutes ago, raBBit said:

That is the fact of the matter. You're over your head here.

You wrote multiple posts asking why numbers normally released in November arent yet published and alleging some sort of impropriety because you didn’t bother actually clicking on the documents and checking the date line and you have the audacity to tell someone else they’re in over their head.

• Thanks 4

2 hours ago, raBBit said:

They never posted their 2017 financials. Kind of strange. Far from transparent. I saw a link on another site to their 2017 financials and it directs to a Chelsea Clinton newsletter. 

Oh come on, raBBit. You're a CPA, you know they have no requirement to disclose anything other than their 990, which isn't due until November 15 if they filed an extension.

Trump didn't really mean to say "no" this morning when asked if Russia was still targeting US elections. 

Fake news really needs to stop reporting what he says. 

Does Sarah Sanders have any pride? If she just had a little she wouldn't spout the ridiculous lie after lie trying to cover for one of the biggest liars we have ever seen.

Edited by Dick Allen

Trump-HomeSafe-News-51478026931.jpg&w=48
Speed painter Michael Israel, white shirt, poses at Donald Trump's Mar-a-Lago Club in Florida in front of a painting he made of Trump. Trump spent $20,000 that belonged to his charity — the Donald J. Trump Foundation — to buy the six-foot-tall portrait. (Michael Israel)

In 2007, Donald Trump bought a six-foot-tall portrait of himself at a fundraiser auction, and paid with $20,000 from his namesake charity, the Donald J. Trump Foundation.

Now, at last, we can see what he got for his money.

On Tuesday, artist Michael Israel -- the "speed painter" who painted the portrait of Trump -- released the first public photos of the portrait. Israel painted the piece in just five or six frenetic minutes, during a charity gala at Trump's own Mar-a-Lago Club in Palm Beach, Fla.

Inside The Post's investigation of Donald Trump's charitable giving(Peter Stevenson, Julio Negron/The Washington Post)

Afterward, Israel auctioned the portrait off. Trump's wife Melania won the auction, with a bid of $10,000. Then the auctioneer convinced her to double it. Half of the proceeds went to Israel...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/11/01/this-is-the-portrait-of-himself-that-donald-trump-bought-with-20000-from-his-charity/?utm_term=.2e559dc58579