**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

3 hours ago, StrangeSox said:

Bolton filmed a video for Butina at the insistence of the former head of the NRA

Trump's first NSA was literally a foreign agent so this might actually be a marginal improvement.

I think the problem is this stuff has become so normalized, it gets very little attention anymore. No one is saying anything about Trump saying he has the power to run the Russia investigation. The guy really thinks he is the Supreme Ruler.

46 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Well then.

One of the things people have been talking about with the Manafort case is that it's possible, since he was in on conversations that were intercepted with FISA warrants, is that the intelligence gathered information might not be admissible in court if there was no witness willing to testify to the content of those conversations, and thus they needed someone who was on the inside to reach a plea deal and testify to the content of those messages.

2 hours ago, Dick Allen said:

I think the problem is this stuff has become so normalized, it gets very little attention anymore. No one is saying anything about Trump saying he has the power to run the Russia investigation. The guy really thinks he is the Supreme Ruler.

He basically is.  Congress is doing nothing to check him.

2 minutes ago, The Beast said:

When Mueller b**** slaps Trump with charges or a nice report that puts the GOP in a pickle and decide if they want to support the buffoon.

Honestly, with how they have conducted their investigation, mostly behind closed doors, very very few leaks, removed people the second they had anything on their record that would have made it look inappropriate, I would be very surprised if Robert Mueller decided to challenge the historical notion that a President can't be indicted. I would then be far more surprised if his 5 supreme court justices allowed that under any circumstances. I would be equally surprised if this Congress ever decided to not defend him regardless of what final reports are issued. So, you have to add - a different party controlling Congress.

4 minutes ago, whitesoxfan99 said:

The Manafort and Cohen news is going to get buried by the Mollie Tibbetts news for anyone that is a Trump supporter so none of this is going to move the needle even a little bit. 

They will also say that Manafort only was convicted of 8 of 18 charges and won’t aconowledge that the 10 other charges were because of a mistrial.

3 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Honestly, with how they have conducted their investigation, mostly behind closed doors, very very few leaks, removed people the second they had anything on their record that would have made it look inappropriate, I would be very surprised if Robert Mueller decided to challenge the historical notion that a President can't be indicted. I would then be far more surprised if his 5 supreme court justices allowed that under any circumstances. I would be equally surprised if this Congress ever decided to not defend him regardless of what final reports are issued. So, you have to add - a different party controlling Congress.

Does a sitting President mean one in his first term, with a chance of a second term, as opposed to Clinton, who was a lame duck president at that point? That’s one thing I couldn’t understand.

Technically, Kavanaugh hasn’t been seated yet, what happens if he can’t get confirmed, the GOP loses the house and  there’s a 4-4 split between justices?

6 minutes ago, The Beast said:

Does a sitting President mean one in his first term, with a chance of a second term, as opposed to Clinton, who was a lame duck president at that point? That’s one thing I couldn’t understand.

Technically, Kavanaugh hasn’t been seated yet, what happens if he can’t get confirmed, the GOP loses the house and  there’s a 4-4 split between justices?

Bill Clinton was never indicted. The Starr report was released as a book and referred to the House of Representatives. That was not an indictment in a court of law. I believe that's similarly what would happen with any report prepared by Mueller's team. The House of Representatives would then be the first group to act on it.

4 minutes ago, Quinarvy said:

Well, between Manafort, Cohen, and Flynn's sentencing being delayed, Donald has had a bad day.

Sadly not really since Mollie Tibbets' murderer being an illegal immigrant makes all those items a footnote for his supporters and the GOP. 

20 minutes ago, The Beast said:

There are more than 50 GOP senators, he will be confirmed.