**President Trump 2018 Thread**

Brian

57 minutes ago, Balta1701 said:

Hearings are scheduled for September already, they'll get this done before the election so that the losses don't panic any vulnerable senators.

Fuckers. McConnell didn’t let Garland go for a vote before the election, but they’ll let Kavanaugh. It’s BS political gambit.

1 hour ago, The Beast said:

Fuckers. McConnell didn’t let Garland go for a vote before the election, but they’ll let Kavanaugh. It’s BS political gambit.

Of course.

Democrats need to be ready to play hardball if and when they ever take back some power because conservatives are playing for keeps and are winning.

The immigrant from Mexico charged in the kidnapping and murder of an Iowa college student worked at a dairy farm owned by the family of a prominent state Republican leader.

Yarrabee Farms said in a statement that Cristhian Bahena Rivera had worked at its farms for the last four years and was an employee in good standing. The company said it was shocked to hear that Rivera had been charged in the death of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

Spokesman Dane Lang said Tuesday night that Yarrabee Farms is a "small family farm" owned by him and his father, Craig Lang, who has long been a prominent Iowa farmer and political figure.

Craig Lang previously served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau and president of the Iowa Board of Regents, which governs the state's public universities. In June, he lost a close GOP primary in the race for state agriculture secretary.

Of course, Trump has never really mentioned what all those farmers were going to do in terms of replacing legal (and mostly illegal) itinerant workers at their farms and beef processing plants/slaughterhouses...the type of work that no "local" kids would ever want to do.

just imagine how much white collar crime is out there completely unprosecuted while we are still the most incarcerated country on the planet. it's just entirely directed at the poor and particularly poor minorities.

Also this morning:

Edited by StrangeSox

4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

just imagine how much white collar crime is out there completely unprosecuted while we are still the most incarcerated country on the planet. it's just entirely directed at the poor and particularly poor minorities.

Also this morning:

Manafort and Cohen would still be doing their shady thing if Trump hadnt brought them into his three ring circus and shined a big spotlight on them.   Pretty much everyone in his circle, this is happening to.   Just ask Jared kushner

3 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Manafort and Cohen would still be doing their shady thing if Trump hadnt brought them into his three ring circus and shined a big spotlight on them.   Pretty much everyone in his circle, this is happening to.   Just ask Jared kushner

Absolutely true, and so easy to predict. I'm sure on this forum there are plenty of posts when Trump hired Manafort about how sleezy and corrupt the guy was. The fact that apparently his lobbying and certain money laundering for abusive foreign governments is not what has him in jail is surprising to me, but people like these are always smart enough to know they should cover up their money but never smart enough to do it perfectly when the bright lights are on them.

4 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

Manafort has another federal trial coming up next month that I think relates more to the foreign lobbying and money-laundering, plus VA is considering their own state level charges.

I've said it before but a silver lining even if those created this culture of corruption do not get punished for it is the idea that more white collar crime such as tax evasion and FARA violations being enforced.

I think it will end up being the same rallying cry that pork barrel spending was.

Me thinks the left is taking a chance with the logic is We have him, heres the smoking gun which may be true....the risk is if they dont have him, this whole thing will begin to wear thin on the sitting on the fence voters which may turn them further from the dems

If he did break the law, he needs to be called out on it and pay the price. If not, trump has every reason to continue his accusations of a witch hunt

5 minutes ago, The Grinder said:

Me thinks the left is taking a chance with the logic is We have him, heres the smoking gun which may be true....the risk is if they dont have him, this whole thing will begin to wear thin on the sitting on the fence voters which may turn them further from the dems

If he did break the law, he needs to be called out on it and pay the price. If not, trump has every reason to continue his accusations of a witch hunt

You probably need more than just Cohen's word to prove that Trump directed Cohen to commit felonies for him, but Trump's other lawyer Guilinia kinda already admitted it on TV a little while back. Actual hard evidence, recordings, emails, payments signed by Trump etc. would be better obviously.

But this isn't a witch hunt. Witch hunts don't result in dozens of guilty pleas and verdicts for obvious crimes by multiple people. There was a ton of wrong-doing and law-breaking going on in and around the Trump campaign and the Trump organization.

2 minutes ago, StrangeSox said:

You probably need more than just Cohen's word to prove that Trump directed Cohen to commit felonies for him, but Trump's other lawyer Guilinia kinda already admitted it on TV a little while back. Actual hard evidence, recordings, emails, payments signed by Trump etc. would be better obviously.

But this isn't a witch hunt. Witch hunts don't result in dozens of guilty pleas and verdicts for obvious crimes by multiple people. There was a ton of wrong-doing and law-breaking going on in and around the Trump campaign and the Trump organization.

Pretty sure Cohen has all of the receipts.  Well, he had them.  then the FBI raided his office

Sure, possibly, maybe probably. Could be why he plead to all of these crimes without a cooperation agreement. His lawyer is also out there today explicitly calling Trump a criminal while disavowing a potential pardon, and he's also saying Cohen has information that would implicate Trump criminally re: Russia and hacking.

Still need to see those receipted, though.

e: well I guess the charging documents for Cohen actually do say they have evidence so there's some receipts already. 

Edited by StrangeSox

It's crazy how the slow drip allows folks to move the goal posts.

I remember when the very idea that Russia was behind the hacking of dnc and podesta emails was sour grapes of dems. Now anything short of the president himself ordering the hacking is beside the point.

I also remember when it was expected that the president not bring into the executive branch people that have committed crimes, and especially concerning when they were happening while in office. And when those activities benefited the president him/herself? It would be a very big deal!

Now, again, unless the president personally took funds and put them in a burlap sack to pay off to another lawyer, it is apparently very tiresome for "the electorate" to have to hear about.

I get that it can be tiresome to constantly have to deal with the steady stream misdeeds of the trump administration, from very minor to very severe. But the idea that pointing out the misdeeds is something more punishable than this onslaught of daily corruption is really a tough sell to me.

It's probably an extension of the idea that the only punishment can happen through elections, and any criminal actions performed by government officials should just be decided by them being voted out or voted in.

• Thanks 1