Who is your opening day starter?

Balta1701

Who is your opening day starter?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your opening day starter?

• James Shields
    • Miguel Gonzalez

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Jan 12, 2018 -> 11:56 AM)
I don't see the point in not starting one of Giolito or Lopez. They're the clear 1 and 2 pitchers in our rotation as of now, and hiding them from Opening Day because they're young is pointless- they're gonna have to make high-pressure starts someday, so why not do it now when we're not trying to compete?

I don't think it is that clear. If one or both really struggle in ST, they will probably start the year in AAA.

QUOTE (wrathofhahn @ Jan 13, 2018 -> 09:43 AM)
It will probably be James Shields but it should be Giolito or Lopez. Shields has no future here. His stuff is gone.

He throws 89 MPH meatballs.

I don’t agree on Giolito & Lopez. Let one of those guys earn a 2019 opening day nod with a strong 2018 performance. It should be a reward for young players that put it all together. Furthermore, I don’t want either of these kids lining up against the #1 & #2 starters to start the season, regardless of how long that lasts. Let them start off against pitchers more their speed while working through the growing pains of becoming a quality major league pitcher.