Cold Stove - Free Agents Still on the table

he gone.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 08:47 AM)
Heyman did have an interesting White Sox note, whatever happened to Brett Lawrie? I know he wasn't the greatest, but he must really be messed up physically not to garner a spring invite from someone.

I asked this in November in a catch all. Could only find some Toronto blogs asking to sign him. Nothing on the guy himself. I wonder if he's still recovering.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 12:28 AM)
I've always like CarGo. I think he would be fun on like a 2 yr/$16M deal or something.

I'd think you could get away with a 1 year, $4mm deal at this point... I don't think there's any reason to attach a second year on the deal unless as an option.

2 years and $16mm might get you Logan Morrison at this point.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 09:26 AM)
I found something, and it's very weird.

https://jaysjournal.com/2018/02/22/blue-jay...y-brett-lawrie/

He sounds like a headcase in this interview. The problems he is having may be more mental than physical.

It seems like he is trying to blame the Sox training staff for an injury that may or may not exist. Hopefully he can get help in whatever the issue is.

What are peoples thoughts on Lucroy?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lucrojo01.shtml

Here's a guy who has never struck out more than 100 times in a season, who has basically average a .350OBP over the past half decade, can call a decent game, and where we have a real opportunity at DH/backup 1B for him to get a good amount of AB's.

I feel like we may be able to give him more AB's than most teams and is a GREAT flip candidate for anybody who loses a catcher to injury or just needs a nice super UTIL guy at C/1B/DH for a stretch run.

I also think he'd out perform Castillo and could form a real nice platoon over the next 2-3 years. I'd love to have Catcher be a real strength. In 2 years when Collins is ready you hand him the keys and keep one of these guys as your backup.

QUOTE (BrianAnderson @ Feb 27, 2018 -> 09:12 AM)
What are peoples thoughts on Lucroy?

https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/l/lucrojo01.shtml

Here's a guy who has never struck out more than 100 times in a season, who has basically average a .350OBP over the past half decade, can call a decent game, and where we have a real opportunity at DH/backup 1B for him to get a good amount of AB's.

I feel like we may be able to give him more AB's than most teams and is a GREAT flip candidate for anybody who loses a catcher to injury or just needs a nice super UTIL guy at C/1B/DH for a stretch run.

I also think he'd out perform Castillo and could form a real nice platoon over the next 2-3 years. I'd love to have Catcher be a real strength. In 2 years when Collins is ready you hand him the keys and keep one of these guys as your backup.

I'm fine with what the Sox currently have in-house. Castillo is going to get most of the at bats and I like Narvaez as a lefty compliment.