2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes

southsider2k5

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 11:16 PM)
Danny Hayes was released from Charlotte. Makes sense given his age and the logjam of bats that need playing time there.

Where did you see this? Can't find it

Really nice guy, met his father when he was with KAN

QUOTE (buntforahit @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 10:24 AM)
Will there be a "loaded up" MILB team this year? Seems like last season's Kanny squad may have been!

WS perhaps??

Seems like Birmingham's will be with Jimenez, Collins, Hansen, Zavala, Adams (who I still can't believe isn't even 22 yet), Clarkin, Guerrero, Stephens, Puckett there early and likely Cease, Dunning, Basabe, and Call later on, maybe even Robert, Adolfo, and Sheets eventually

Edited by ChiSoxJon

QUOTE (buntforahit @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 09:24 AM)
Will there be a "loaded up" MILB team this year? Seems like last season's Kanny squad may have been!

WS perhaps??

Yeah, Winston Salem should be pretty loaded. I’m predicting something like this:

1B: Sheets

2B: ?

SS: Yrizarri

3B: ?

LF: Rutherford

CF: Basabe

RF: Call

DH: Adolfo

#1: Dunning

#2: Cease

#3: Flores

#4: Pinto

#5: Martinez

Robert will be up at some point in the not too distant future as well.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 09:21 AM)
Yeah, Winston Salem should be pretty loaded. I’m predicting something like this:

1B: Sheets

2B: ?

SS: Yrizarri

3B: ?

LF: Rutherford

CF: Basabe

RF: Call

DH: Adolfo

#1: Dunning

#2: Cease

#3: Flores

#4: Pinto

#5: Martinez

Robert will be up at some point in the not too distant future as well.

Add TiQuan Forbes, Mitch Roman and Zach Remillard to the infield...with Evan Skoug catching

Good lineup

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 1, 2018 -> 10:42 PM)
https://minorleaguerosters.wordpress.com

Stumbled upon this while Soxtalk was down. I don't know where they get their info, but it's spot on every time.

That is phenomenal. Thanks for sharing! A great source of who is moving from the DSL to the US as well. Wow.

Thad Lowry and (moreso) Robinson Leyer were two guys that you'd read the scouting reports on, tall with good velocity and just assume they would make it in the bullpen. But never figured it out.

I saw Zack Thompson's stuff on a day he was "on" and it was great. Hope, of our tall guys, that he can figure out his stuff in shorter bullpen stints in the majors. Though not a big deal.

QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 11:28 AM)

Charleston had good numbers, wow

Wonder why Hayes hasn't announced

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 06:09 PM)
Charleston had good numbers, wow

Wonder why Hayes hasn't announced

Those guys listed were all released on 3/28 and 3/29, Hayes not until 3/31 per that other site listed earlier. So he will be on the list for next Baseball America update (next Monday)

Edited by MnSoxFan

Looks like Birmingham's roster is pretty much set: http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t247

I'm surprised by a couple placements. Didn't think we'd see Goldberg, Clark, Walsh dropped down. Fisher is also a surprise, but I guess expected because of how stacked the lower minor league OF's are. Looks like all the ST invitees stuck around for Charlotte.

Edited by CWSpalehoseCWS

QUOTE (CWSpalehoseCWS @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 10:03 PM)
Looks like Birmingham's roster is pretty much set: http://www.milb.com/roster/index.jsp?sid=t247

I'm surprised by a couple placements. Didn't think we'd see Goldberg, Clark, Walsh dropped down. Fisher is also a surprise, but I guess expected because of how stacked the lower minor league OF's are. Looks like all the ST invitees stuck around for Charlotte.

I’m not surprised by Fisher. They had a crunch, he is more age appropriate for Birmingham than the others and is a fringe enough prospect they can afford to risk it with him more.

I wonder if the Sox will take a look at Carson Sands who got released a couple of days ago by the Cubs. You can pretty much say he can be an add on/throw in from the Q trade if he figures it out. Just turned 23 and was suppose to be one of the top H.S. pitchers in that 2014 draft where Cubs "reached" on Schwarber to pay the H.S. kids selected in Sands, Steele and of course the cream of the crop, Dylan Cease.

Edited by SoxAce