2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes

southsider2k5

QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 12, 2018 -> 09:44 AM)
Any chance he is the 26th man and makes a spot start when we play the Royals in the double header? I guess it would depend on if they want to make a 40-man roster move that early or not (Rodon is currently on the 10-day dl and could probably be transferred to the 60-day).

I know I'm late but White Sox Dave has been saying early to mid May for Kopech, for whatever it's worth

QUOTE (Tony @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:21 AM)
I wonder if they have an amount of starts in mind for Kopech at AAA?

(For example, if he has 3 strong starts in AAA, is that the green light he needs to an MLB call up?)

I definitely think they want him up and throwing innings at the MLB level asap. If he has 3-4 more starts like he did in his season opener I see nobody blocking him from coming up.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Apr 13, 2018 -> 11:17 AM)
I know I'm late but White Sox Dave has been saying early to mid May for Kopech, for whatever it's worth

If they still have him down today, there really isn't much of a good reason to not wait until after the Super Two deadline and call him up in the middle of June.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 03:03 PM)
Any word on where Victor Diaz is or what his condition is? I can't recall hearing his name at all this spring.

He's on the DL. Again. Other than that I don't know, but our AZ correspondent will be checking on Extended ST this week and I will ask her to look for him.

Not sure if this guy is a pitcher or outfielder, but he is another slightly older guy we just signed. Best I can tell is he was an outfielder that got passed over and recently converted to pitching and may be able to hit 100mph. I guess we won't know for another couple years at best.

Some Law/White Sox tidbits.

Ted
3:03
I know it's early but Micker Adolfo off to a great start. He isn't typically discussed as a top WS prospect but is he making a leap?

Keith Law
3:04
I've talked him up in their org reports for at least two years - enormous physical tools, but could barely play the sport when he signed. (That's not an exaggeration.) He might not be a solid big leaguer till he's 25 but the upside is really huge.

Jax
2:44
I don't expect Basabe to continue to put up these massive numbers but do you think he's doing so because he's repeating High-A? Or because he's fully healthy now? Or a bit of both?

Keith Law
2:44
Almost certainly both.

That's an interesting Law tidbit. It makes me thing that maybe DH'ing has allowed him to focus on developing one specific thing to great effect. Maybe making the game smaller will pay dividends as he works on defense later.