2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes

southsider2k5

White Sox OF Eloy Jimenez, Double-A Birmingham: The thought of arguably the game's most powerful prospect moving to Triple-A Charlotte's BB&T Ballpark -- the International League's most hitter-friendly stadium -- is incredibly enticing. A move to the Knights, however, might have been delayed by a strained left pectoral that kept Jimenez from making his season debut until April 19. No matter, MLB.com's No. 4 overall prospect has picked up where he left off from a slugging standpoint, hitting four homers in his first 13 games with the Barons -- one more than he hit in five fewer contests with the same club in 2017. He's showing serious signs of heating up as well. Including Thursday's 2-for-5 game at Tennessee, Jimenez has hits in seven straight games and is 11-for-33 (.333) with two homers, three doubles and nine RBIs in that span. He's got a .544 slugging percentage and .892 OPS in 32 career games at Double-A, and both are certainly trending up with the more experience he gets at the level. Jimenez played only 71 games at Class A Advanced before moving up last season, and the White Sox could make his Double-A timeline even shorter if he continues to mash like this.

milb.com prospect hot sheet

2 minutes ago, TheTruth05 said:

messed up as in a cut/gash or bruised/broken?

If he hasn't been DL'd in days, my guess is jammed or pulled/strained.  If it was broken or badly strained there would be no need to drag out a trip to the DL.  It would have been obvious and done right away.

From Law's chat today.

Butts
1:31    Is Micker Adolfo for real? Can I get excited yet?
Keith Law
1:32    Yeah, I would. He may take a step back when he gets to Birmingham and faces AA pitching, but he has always had enormous tools. I think I said in last week's chat that he could barely play baseball when he was signed. He's come a long way, baby.

17 hours ago, Jose Abreu said:

I don't know. I just know that he hasn't played since 5/3 and no explanation has been given. Can't be a good thing. 

I would think opposite. If it's anything serious, he'd been DL right away and you'd about X-Ray results. Usually the ones who don't hear about are the minor ones that just takes a few days to heal.