2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes

southsider2k5

8 hours ago, SoxAce said:

I looked at that deal as Moncada, Kopech and Basabe and still do. Was never a fan of his inclusion in it. 

Diaz was actually supposed to be on the fast track to an MLB bullpen, obviously sidelined by injuries but definitely would be nice to see him contribute

Reminder - If you want to see what some White Sox prospects look up close, the FutureSox YouTube channel has exclusive video of over 70 current prospects, both in-game and BP. There are also a handful of interviews and post-game pressers. It's totally free.

This is especially helpful because the MiLB.tv feed isn't usually very high quality.

Here is the link, You can subscribe to the channel too, so that when we put up new batches of videos, you are informed right away. If you want to, you can also search the channel by player last name.

1 hour ago, NorthSideSox72 said:

Reminder - If you want to see what some White Sox prospects look up close, the FutureSox YouTube channel has exclusive video of over 70 current prospects, both in-game and BP. There are also a handful of interviews and post-game pressers. It's totally free.

This is especially helpful because the MiLB.tv feed isn't usually very high quality.

Here is the link, You can subscribe to the channel too, so that when we put up new batches of videos, you are informed right away. If you want to, you can also search the channel by player last name.

I had no idea this existed,thanks for the heads up! Keep it up over there fellas.

1 minute ago, buntforahit said:

Where's Curbelo going to play...3rd?? Blackman and Rivera are locked in up the middle!

Curbelo is a much more substantial prospect than either of those two. Also, third base has been a weird mash of Cruz (who hasn't been doing well) and VIlla (who is an org soldier). I think you'll see Villa take Hickman's 1B and DH AB's, while Curbelo, Rivera, Blackman and Cruz work the three skill INF positions (in that order of playing time). Blackman and Cruz will probably lose out for a bit.

46 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Is Dylan Cease a midseason AA promotion or does he spend the whole year (perhaps aside from the past few weeks, like 2017 Hansen) in Winston-Salem?

I predict the latter.  He hasn't really had one full healthy season as a starter.  I bet they concentrate on innings.

49 minutes ago, Jose Abreu said:

Is Dylan Cease a midseason AA promotion or does he spend the whole year (perhaps aside from the past few weeks, like 2017 Hansen) in Winston-Salem?

I'd like to see him move when the rest of the key players on that team get promoted. I'd like to see the White Sox use the Cardinals model for player development in that regard, where they promote groups and it means several of the same players are around one another and comfortable with each other. I think it's one of the reasons they so often have players randomly turn into 3-4 WAR guys out of nowhere.