Will winning so many World Series eventually get lame?

Jerksticks

Yea Brady is in the Super Bowl again. Way. To. Go. Do their fans even care about regular season games anymore?

I love watching the White Sox so much on a summer night that I don’t think I’ll get spoiled. I may desire to see them get a bigger challenge though after 4-5 straight championships. Maybe MLB will consolidate the NL into one super team to try to beat the Sox...which will still not be enough, but at least competitive.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 22, 2018 -> 06:59 PM)
Yea Brady is in the Super Bowl again. Way. To. Go. Do their fans even care about regular season games anymore?

I love watching the White Sox so much on a summer night that I don’t think I’ll get spoiled. I may desire to see them get a bigger challenge though after 4-5 straight championships. Maybe MLB will consolidate the NL into one super team to try to beat the Sox...which will still not be enough, but at least competitive.

Vivid imagination you got there.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 22, 2018 -> 08:59 PM)

Eloy Jimenez has another 80 HR season?? Meh, been there, done that.

Quite the imagination for a franchise that would be in even more ignominious territory were it not for the Mariners and Padres. Let's focus on just getting back to the playoffs, first.

And it's still difficult to be overconfident without knowing anything about how Carlos Rodon will emerge from all his injuries.

Edited by caulfield12

MLB will probably have to change the rules. They'll make home runs for the opposing teams worth 2 times what they normally would be. Sox pitchers would have to stand on a mound that is 90 feet from home plate. Opposing hitters would be allowed to use aluminum bats. The Sox would only be allowed to have two outfielders.

And even then, Sox opponents would occasionally forfeit just to avoid the embarrassment.

QUOTE (Jerksticks @ Jan 22, 2018 -> 08:59 PM)

I shared Bulls season tickets with a couple buddies during the Bulls runs. We told ourselves we would never become Laker fans who only showed up to playoff games.

Well 41 regular season games becomes a chore when you start having kids, and it does get expensive going to so many games, and it is nice to help people you know out by selling a few games here and there so they can go to a game . . .

Yeah, we basically waited for the playoffs by the third championship season.

As a Pats fan, we won't have to worry about this

The success of the Patriots starts at the top with top level ownership in Kraft (not JR), and goes down to the timeless philosophy designed by Belichick

This is something we'll never see in sports again

Appreciate it while you can

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 04:08 PM)

The success of the Patriots starts at the top with top level ownership in Kraft (not JR), and goes down to the timeless philosophy designed by Belichick

I should also probably say winning doesn't get lame, however it is expected and becomes casual

A 12-4 season and AFCCG appearance is a guarantee as a Pats fan

Higher standards

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 03:08 PM)

I guess cheating is a timeless philosophy, isn't it?

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 03:08 PM)

Alabama football?

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 04:29 PM)
I guess cheating is a timeless philosophy, isn't it?

Good one

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/news/cowhe...wx11ugttnkmfx2s

https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/10/04/tom-brady...e-ideal-gas-law

How about when Elway's Broncos went over the Cap routinely? Or when Tomlin tripped up Jacoby Jones? Jerry Rice using illegal gloves? Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise?

Everyone tries to get an edge, few are successful

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 06:15 PM)
Good one

How about when Elway's Broncos went over the Cap routinely? Or when Tomlin tripped up Jacoby Jones? Jerry Rice using illegal gloves? Falcons pumping in fake crowd noise?

That's right -- I always forget about the fact that there were actually MULTIPLE cheating scandals. It's pretty rare not just to cheat in multiple ways, but to get caught, and get punished, for multiple incidents - that's some Sammy Sosa level isht

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 24, 2018 -> 06:15 PM)
Good one

Whataboutism doesn't excuse that the Patriots cheated (and probably still do given that McDaniels got caught doing it with Denver and Ernie Adams is still on New England's payroll) by stealing other teams signals (and by extension, playcalls) by illegally filming them on the sidelines. If you can't understand the difference between attempting to steal signals on the sideline while live action happens, and filming those signals, sending them to someone (Ernie Adams) to be analyzed and deciphered, and having the person who analyzes and deciphers the signals have a direct line to the head coach on gamedays, then you don't really understand the point of competition or rules.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE (35thstreetswarm @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 10:57 AM)
That's right -- I always forget about the fact that there were actually MULTIPLE cheating scandals. It's pretty rare not just to cheat in multiple ways, but to get caught, and get punished, for multiple incidents - that's some Sammy Sosa level isht

Belichick's Patriots did in fact break the rules of the NFL as represented in "Spygate", but took the fall for the entire league

DeflateGate is a bunch of BS...A ball weighs less in s*** weather so the league spends $50M to investigate air pressure and then suspends the quarterback, like what the f***

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 11:21 AM)
Whataboutism doesn't excuse that the Patriots cheated (and probably still do given that McDaniels got caught doing it with Denver and Ernie Adams is still on New England's payroll) by stealing other teams signals (and by extension, playcalls) by illegally filming them on the sidelines. If you can't understand the difference between attempting to steal signals on the sideline while live action happens, and filming those signals, sending them to someone (Ernie Adams) to be analyzed and deciphered, and having the person who analyzes and deciphers the signals have a direct line to the head coach on gamedays, then you don't really understand the point of competition or rules.

And New England paid for the crime...now over a decade later what's the excuse for success?

First it was "deflated" balls, what's next?

These ridiculous suspensions and penalties are the NFL's way of further balancing the competition I suppose and they haven't been very successful

QUOTE (ChiSoxJon @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 12:25 PM)
And New England paid for the crime...now over a decade later what's the excuse for success?

First it was "deflated" balls, what's next?

These ridiculous suspensions and penalties are the NFL's way of further balancing the competition I suppose and they haven't been very successful

Still the cameras, still the illegal signal stealing (yes, there is legal signal stealing, and yes, the difference between doing it legally and doing it illegally is huge), still Ernie Adams. These things never changed, and anyone who thinks they did based on the Spygate cover-up and subsequent "punishment" (laughable to call it that, who wouldn't trade a couple first round picks and a couple million dollars of fines split between 4 people for five world championships officially recognized and sanctioned by the league as legitimate?) is naive or willfully ignorant.

QUOTE (Dam8610 @ Jan 25, 2018 -> 02:16 PM)
Still the cameras, still the illegal signal stealing (yes, there is legal signal stealing, and yes, the difference between doing it legally and doing it illegally is huge), still Ernie Adams. These things never changed, and anyone who thinks they did based on the Spygate cover-up and subsequent "punishment" (laughable to call it that, who wouldn't trade a couple first round picks and a couple million dollars of fines split between 4 people for five world championships officially recognized and sanctioned by the league as legitimate?) is naive or willfully ignorant.

Seems like a nice blueprint for 31 other teams to emulate... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: