SuperBowl LII

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 4, 2018 -> 09:22 PM)
Collinsworth might as well have been Bergman announcing the ALDS in 2005. What a disgrace

He was awful. He and Michaels reviewed that Ertz touchdown catch way too long.

Edited by SoxAce

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best Super Bowl game ever?

Maybe...all it was missing was overtime or the Patriots scoring on that Hail Mary and having to tie it with the two point conversion.

Patriots lost those four points on kicks, Eagles attempted to give them back.

Happy for the city of Philadelphia. Finally no politics, just a pure football game. Nick Foles is a great career redemption story, too. Pederson with gutsy play calls throughout the game, from that TE pass to Foles on 4th down.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Feb 4, 2018 -> 10:37 PM)
So you bench arguably your top cornerback as a coach's decision, then proceed to give up 41 points and lose. Belichik will have to answer that one in the future.

What a game though.

Butler was pretty mad

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 4, 2018 -> 11:12 PM)
Butler was pretty mad

I can imagine, that's quite the entrance into free agency.

Belichik is so quick to cut ties with a player but it just seems weird to make a point during the Super Bowl. I saw that Butler played almost 98% of the snaps all season, and suddenly he's not any good? Even when his replacements are getting torched? Wonder what the true backstory is.

I was really glad Pederson coached that so aggressively and won. He needed every one of those extra points other coaches would have lost for the sake of "Staying in the game".

Against a team like the patriots you have to maximize your scoring drives and try to do whatever possible to get ahead of their last drive.

So much of the armchair coaching on important plays is result plays. Pass falls incomplete? "Shoulda run"! Run stopped short. "Shoulda passed!". But nothing more than "take the points!" and field position homers scream if a sound decision to go for it ends up not coming through.

Had he called that aggressively and lost each one, woulda been real bad for a while.

Great game. Won some money, the Pats lost, halftime show was a solid B. I think the commercials were the most disappointing part. Maybe i'm an old man now, but I really feel like 10-15 years ago there was a golden age for those commercials and now they suck. I really enjoyed the Eli Manning/Odell Beckham Dirty Dancing spoof though. That was pretty fantastic.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 5, 2018 -> 09:00 AM)
I was really glad Pederson coached that so aggressively and won. He needed every one of those extra points other coaches would have lost for the sake of "Staying in the game".

Against a team like the patriots you have to maximize your scoring drives and try to do whatever possible to get ahead of their last drive.

So much of the armchair coaching on important plays is result plays. Pass falls incomplete? "Shoulda run"! Run stopped short. "Shoulda passed!". But nothing more than "take the points!" and field position homers scream if a sound decision to go for it ends up not coming through.

Had he called that aggressively and lost each one, woulda been real bad for a while.

Yeah, he knew he had to take big risks if he was going to fend off New England and come out on top. Luckily they all pretty much worked out, but they Eagles weren't going to win playing conservatively.

I dunno if I'd even call that half time a "B". It seemed really bland and unmemorable. The Dodge/MLK commercial was really cringe-worthy. Here's that commercial recut with what MLK actually thought about advertising.

Edited by StrangeSox

Doug Pederson called a great game. He seemed to have an answer for every situation.

BB not playing Butler was really weird. Butler played 98% of the snaps for the Patriots this year and then you just completely bench him. He played one play on special teams yesterday. I don't know if it cost the Pats the game, but it's had to believe with Butler even covering in the slot they maybe don't stop the Eagles just one more time, that might have been the difference.

There has to be more to that story that we don't know yet.

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 5, 2018 -> 09:24 AM)
JT has a good backlog, which made it seem okay, but the way they cut up those songs was terrible, so much pumped through each song you couldn't make out what the hell was happening.

I agree with this. Cut 2 or 3 songs and make some of the others a little longer and it would have been better.