2018 NFL off-season thread

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 6, 2018 -> 10:30 AM)
Ranking the NFL head-coaching hires from 1 to 6

This article has aged well.....

Technically Chip Kelly and Doug Pederson won this superbowl. They run a lot of that Eagles offense (especially for Foles). Kelly's concepts were great, his ego was just too huge and he couldn't deal with the pro's. I think if he was given another shot he might excel. They got McAdoo right. I probably shouldn't say that cause I am not implying that Pederson didn't do a heck of a job cause he and his staff (and the front office) all did an awesome job in Philly. That team came together beautifully.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Feb 6, 2018 -> 01:18 PM)
Technically Chip Kelly and Doug Pederson won this superbowl. They run a lot of that Eagles offense (especially for Foles). Kelly's concepts were great, his ego was just too huge and he couldn't deal with the pro's. I think if he was given another shot he might excel. They got McAdoo right. I probably shouldn't say that cause I am not implying that Pederson didn't do a heck of a job cause he and his staff (and the front office) all did an awesome job in Philly. That team came together beautifully.

Kelly got another chance after Philadelphia

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Feb 6, 2018 -> 12:23 PM)
Kelly got another chance after Philadelphia

I wouldn't really call his tenure in San Francisco another chance. He had no QB and was given one year before a total cleanse happened and it was immediately after the Philly thing (to where he hadn't had a chance to learn). Chip is an innovative guy who will excel at UCLA and have another shot at going to the NFL (shall he so choose).

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Feb 6, 2018 -> 06:51 PM)
McDaniels backed out, will remain in New England

He better hope they give him the Pats job when Belichick leaves cause that's his only head coach chance now. He never signed a contract, but several assistants did, so they will likely stay for the new head coach.

McDaniels must have been offered the head coaching job when BB retires. I doubt anyone outside the Patriots would hire him now.

If the Colts have worries about Luck, they are actually in a good spot to get his replacement.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Feb 7, 2018 -> 09:05 PM)
Feel like it'll be Toub or Reich

McDaniels is a scumbag and I'm glad I don't make the calls in Halas Hall because I liked him for the Bears at the start of the search. Also can't help but think this is Ballard's/Colts fault as well. Looks like they had ZERO plan B for McDaniels and agreements are nothing without a signature on the dotted line. If Ballard really had been in contact with McDaniels as much as he should have,he would have noticed the waivering and tried to plan/execute a plan B but he put all his eggs in one basket.

Also yes i think it will be Toub because of the Ballard ties.

Edited by TheTruth05

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 8, 2018 -> 09:17 AM)
McDaniels is a scumbag and I'm glad I don't make the calls in Halas Hall because I liked him for the Bears at the start of the search. Also can't help but think this is Ballard's/Colts fault as well. Looks like they had ZERO plan B for McDaniels and agreements are nothing without a signature on the dotted line. If Ballard really had been in contact with McDaniels as much as he should have,he would have noticed the waivering and tried to plan/execute a plan B but he put all his eggs in one basket.

I think you're seriously underestimating McDaniels here.

QUOTE (TheTruth05 @ Feb 8, 2018 -> 07:17 AM)

It’s really hard for me to hang anything on the colts. McDaniels hired four assistants before he backed out

QUOTE (bmags @ Feb 8, 2018 -> 10:18 AM)
Well, at the very least they should not have announced before the contract.

This. I'm totally on the boat that McDaniels is a scumbag for leading the Colts and his assistants on but the Colts got ahead of themselves as well.