2018 NFL off-season thread

QUOTE (knightni @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 03:32 PM)
Chubb

Nelson

Edmunds

Smith

Ward

Who's the #8 guy?

I doubt Chubb falls that far, but if there is a crazy run on QBs it wouldn't be the craziest thing to ever happen.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 09:46 PM)
Barkley. ;)

If he's there at 8, I take him. Then, I either try to get a 3rd for Howard or split their carries evenly as they mostly use Cohen out of the slot and in 2-RB sets. This offense can't have enough playmakers, and Barkley is the top playmaker in the draft.

If Nelson, Barkley and Chubb are gone, I'd trade down. Maybe Arizona would give their 1st and 2nd or Buffalo would give both 1's if Mayfield falls. At that point they could take a guy like Ward, Fitzpatrick, Landry, Edmunds or Davenport.

I don't really see trade down being possible. Buffalo is ideal but bears aren't well suited to move UP to acquire anyone. Hopping ahead of dolphins basically only QB team behind bears to be worried about.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 11:27 AM)
I don't really see trade down being possible. Buffalo is ideal but bears aren't well suited to move UP to acquire anyone. Hopping ahead of dolphins basically only QB team behind bears to be worried about.

That's at the current draft order though. A team like the Saints, Cardinals, Dolphins, or Chargers could move up as they ponder it, so sure, they might be right now the only team to worry about.

Edited by soxfan49

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Mar 30, 2018 -> 03:31 PM)
The Raiders have inexplicably released punter Marquette King. He's one of my favorite players and a helluva punter.

He has yet to hold a single practice but Gruden seems to be really f***ing up everything down there.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 08:24 PM)
Because he released the f***ing punter? Does it really matter?

Well he's one of the best punters in the league, but it's not just that. The moves I have heard in the past all sounds like he is trying to make the best team possible to win Super Bowl 43, not 53.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 07:41 AM)
Well he's one of the best punters in the league, but it's not just that. The moves I have heard in the past all sounds like he is trying to make the best team possible to win Super Bowl 43, not 53.

This was one of the things i wondered about Gruden going into this season. He always had veteran heavy rosters, and that is really a thing of the past now.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 09:06 AM)
This was one of the things i wondered about Gruden going into this season. He always had veteran heavy rosters, and that is really a thing of the past now.

I've been a bit surprised by how old school he's been.

I thought his time in the booth meant he had insight into every team. He meets with all the coaches and gets to view practices. He was very heavily connected.

But the way he's running it I'd worry that you need a very specific roster to work for him. You better hope the raiders have that.

QUOTE (Jose Paniagua @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 11:47 AM)
Does anyone have the story as to why Marquette King is a sox fan? He doesnt seem to be from Chicagoland, just from a quick glance at his bio

https://twitter.com/MarquetteKing/status/978997893297156097

Marquette King

?

Verified account

@MarquetteKing

Follow Follow @MarquetteKing

More

???????????????????? @whitesox #Respect

He just must be a cool guy

Are any other Bears fans sorta unexcited about this draft? Like there's one scenario where it goes great (Chubb), then probably good (Fitzpatrick), then okay, I guess (Nelson), then well if we have to (Smith, Edmunds).

Add to that the Bears are once again not the "fulcrum" pick. Though there are teams that are keen to trade up, the bears are not the team ahead of teams that people worry about.

Boring.