2018 NFL off-season thread

I know these guys all want to be the best and I don't begrudge them but man Glennon was annoying. That one terrible moncada thread actually applied to Glennon, whom after being paid a cushy contract demanded that everyone treat him as a starting QB without ever showing he could be one.

Bye bye Glennon. Glad you could get everyone lined up so well it bought you 4 games as a terrible starter.

QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 11:28 AM)
Kinda of crazy, but i'm not totally against the Packers taking Lamar Jackson at pick 14.

My worst fear is the Vikings taking him.

They won’t need Jackson after Cousins signs there.

No chance in hell GB takes him at 14.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 1, 2018 -> 09:30 AM)
Kaplan was at the Waddle Super Bowl party John Fox attended. A couple of nuggets from John Fox.

Says Leonard Floyd is the next coming of Jason Taylor.

Also says Adam Shaheen is going to be awesome.

I'm okay with those things. Absolutely okay with that!

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Mar 1, 2018 -> 12:04 PM)
But we can't sign him for quite a while, right? When does free agency begin? When can teams talk with agents?

Next Tuesday starts the legal tampering period.

The Chiefs GM basically said "well matt's in Chicago now", I think it's just an acknowledgement that they've heard from Wilson that he'll want to follow Nagy.

Subscriber only, but I thought this was a good piece by Durkin criticizing of sorts Pace missing opportunity to embrace cleaning the slate and starting over.

https://www.theathletic.com/257578/2018/03/...s-faith-in-him/

One thing that continues to bother me as he harps on FA being dangerous, for someone that wants to build primarily through the draft he does not prioritize accumulating draft picks.

For all of his trade-ups he has netted out about the same (20 picks in 3 years), but a lot of that has been 4-7th picks, and never getting more than 3 picks in rounds 1-3.

Wilson was well rated by PFF. PFF had him as a must re-sign for KC. He's a slot guy. Good blocker, very good hands since he caught 42/56 targets. Hopefully Meredith makes a nice comeback from his injury and we get a good WR in the first few rounds to bolster the WR corps. Not a ton of FA options out there. Robinson will probably get tagged and Landry already got tagged.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Mar 1, 2018 -> 01:52 PM)
Following Aaron Leming on Twitter, it's all Albert Wilson all the time.

I'm good with it, fine with him or Taylor Gabriel.

One thing that stuck out last year, it was really hard to tell apart our WRs. They were all very samey, same height, speed. Inman came in, looked the part and I would like to re-sign him. He's not a #1 receiver but I think he's a good #4!

• 4 weeks later...