**2018-2019 NCAA Football Thread**

Brian

19 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

OSU has an out. There's no evidence that he was told about this. The victim told his wife in those texts, not Urban. Now, does any reasonable person believe that Urban's wife didn't tell him about this? Especially the asshole's past in 2009? No, but that's what he can maintain. 

He SHOULD be fired, but I still think I'd bet on him staying versus leaving at this point. 

Also, what a fucking idiot. Why on earth be so definitive about not knowing? Just say, you know, I can't recall if I was ever told any specifics about what was going on in their marriage. I knew it was rocky, I knew there was a past issue and I thought they had moved past it. 

I believe Urban admits he knew about 2009, but said he doesn’t know about 2015.    The problem is Smith has like 9 reports since 2012, and if Urban was notified about any of those reports, it will come out.

9 hours ago, Jenksismyhero said:

OSU has an out. There's no evidence that he was told about this. The victim told his wife in those texts, not Urban. Now, does any reasonable person believe that Urban's wife didn't tell him about this? Especially the asshole's past in 2009? No, but that's what he can maintain. 

He SHOULD be fired, but I still think I'd bet on him staying versus leaving at this point. 

Also, what a fucking idiot. Why on earth be so definitive about not knowing? Just say, you know, I can't recall if I was ever told any specifics about what was going on in their marriage. I knew it was rocky, I knew there was a past issue and I thought they had moved past it. 

Especially considering at Big 10media day he said his wif was his best friend and soul mate. That they talk about everything, and she has a good sense of people.

36 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

This is some serious Trump Press Secretary level stuff. 

https://twitter.com/OSUCoachMeyer/status/1025477101779075072

how do you embed a tweet?

Click on the share button under the tweet, copy link, and just post the link here and it will automatically embed.  

For some reason it isn’t a fan of the actual URL address and won’t embed it

In regards to Urban, I don’t see how he survives this.   He both failed to report it and then lied about it multiple times.   That doesn’t even address if he actively tried to cover things up, which I am sure they are trying to find out.

I think he’s probably on vacation somewhere. 

I think Urban is done at OSU. I believe they are probably thinking of exit strategies to make both him and the university look as best as they can.

Story is crazy though how he’s not the one who has domestic violence against him, he seemingly tried to help a guy he considers a friend, gets burned by the guy and eventually makes the tough decision to fire him and he’s still gonna get burned at the stake. I know Urban is a scumbag, but I didn’t think this was near his worst offense. 

Flip side is this - when did the AD know that Urban knew? Probably around the same time they both decided to fire him.

1 hour ago, Heads22 said:

I think Urban survives and Durkin doesn't.

That is probably how it will go, but they both should be gone IMO. No reason Urban had that guy on his staff so long. It’s not like he was a coordinator. If OSU was 7-6 last year Urban would have zero chance. I don’t see where winning game should make a difference here. I am pretty sure the next guy they hire is going to win a lot of games too.

• 2 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, Jenksismyhero said:

Such a load of shit. Money wins out over morality, everytime. Don't understand why schools aren't just honest about it. Clearly people don't care if their coach/AD are horrible human beings.

What exactly happened in this case that makes Urban a horrible human being?