**2018-2019 NCAA Football Thread**

Brian

On 12/4/2018 at 12:37 PM, Chisoxfn said:

Does Meyer take a year off?  Or is he going to head to an Auburn or USC?  

He actually has an office in the building and a super cushy salary that is about to be public. If he goes anywhere it has to be 8 figures. Let’s put it that way

It's going to be extremely tough to keep Lincoln Riley from going to the NFL...will take the two Heisman Trophy winners.

Doubt that Stoops would return to coaching, and his brother at Kentucky wouldn't quite be a big enough name for head coach, I'd actually prefer former assistant Brent Venables from Clemson because somebody needs to get that defense sorted out at some point if they want to win another title.

• 2 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

Insiders tagged Campbell for the job for a few months before that.  Everyone has their eye on him.  The only thing was they knew he'd bring his entire staff, and that couldnt happen

Yep, everyone’s very aware of it in Ames too

4 minutes ago, RockRaines said:

If ISU pays him what he would get, he can build that place into a powerhouse.  I think hes great

He asked for the raise to go to the assistants this year. He’s not all about the money, though not saying it’s a not a factor. 

Hes going to be very successful wherever he is

3 minutes ago, Heads22 said:

He asked for the raise to go to the assistants this year. He’s not all about the money, though not saying it’s a not a factor. 

Hes going to be very successful wherever he is

Yeah, these days you have to pay assistants a shitload.  Thats what every elite program does.  He still has a bunch of his guys on his staff so at least they arent looking around yet.  

I'm a huge fan of hiring anyone from the Mount Union program.  That place is mecca

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, LittleHurt05 said:

This Isiah Simmons kid on Clemson, I want him on the Bears ASAP

AND nice try nice effort Notre Dame, lol. 

ND always looks so slow against the top teams. Nothing they do offensively works against fast defenses.

I've  been an ND fan my whole life, but I'm not even disappointed. Brian Kelly seems like such a jerk, I have a hard time wishing him success. Of course, not many coaches are easy to root for.

It would be nice to see someone other than Alabama and Clemson in the final, though.

Edited by Middle Buffalo

9 hours ago, Chisoxfn said:

Oklahoma at least had an interesting second half but both games were total duds. Two best teams clearly advanced. Championship game should be a good one. 

If only playoff were expanded so we could have watched a team like Michigan agaonst Clemson first round

7 hours ago, bmags said:

If only playoff were expanded so we could have watched a team like Michigan agaonst Clemson first round

Michigan wouldn’t have made an 8 team field this year. Nice attempt at snark though.

8 teams is the most fair since all 5 major conference champs get in.

10 hours ago, nitetrain8601 said:

Georgia should've made it. ND should have to play a conference title game or not be playoff eligible.

I hate ND more than anyone but they were a top 4 regular season team.  UGa lost their two biggest games.

16 hours ago, fathom said:

I hate ND more than anyone but they were a top 4 regular season team.  UGa lost their two biggest games.

100% agree. Notre Dames not the 3rd best team in the country but they absolutely deserved their spot in the playoff.

Georgia and Ohio State would be more likely to beat Clemson or Alabama, but you cant talk when you lose by 30 to Purdue. And Georgia's 2nd loss was by 20.