Sign in to follow this  
NorthSideSox72

Future Pensmen Aplenty in deep White Sox system - Part 1

People look at the starting pitching and outfield prospect depth in the White Sox system as the key strengths on the farm, and with good reason. But one area where there seems to also be quite a lot of talent is in relief arms - and it's a strength not often discussed. Given the current trends in game management, it seems an important area to look at.

James looks here at eight of the best of those arms in depth.

There will be a Part 2 covering another grouping, probably next week.

Yeah this is a strong group of arms. Would be really interesting if it panned out as they expect. You can see with some of the emerging teams like the cubs, they had to pay out a ton to build a bullpen.

Either we have a lot of great depth and build a great bullpen or can swap them for needed pieces. We'll see if this becomes a thing.

Really nice job. Will be useful to put some background when scanning numbers this year or hopefully some periodic update pieces!

I will have to downgrade this article for not containing any Hamilton/Burr references with their profiles right next to each other.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 09:42 AM)
I will have to downgrade this article for not containing any Hamilton/Burr references with their profiles right next to each other.

But it does indeed have one.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 14, 2018 -> 10:58 AM)
Yup, it sure does.

Wow, upon reading I completely missed the historical context. I thought something had happened between these two that I didn't know of.

Also likely a couple of the starting prospects might end up in the pen if they dont quite develope the command to start. Many great relievers have been pretty good SP prospects.

Obviously we hope kopech can start but if his command doesn't come around (I.e. Bb/9 Is 4+) then he could be the next Chapman or Miller. Not ideal outcome but not a bad fall back plan either.

Edited by GermanSock