Ben Shapiro

Jose Abreu

1 minute ago, Balta1701 said:

Depends on whether or not he knew, acknowledged, and reported it. Being paid by a foreign government and covering up that money and lying about it to the government was one small part of the many crimes against America that Manafort confessed to.

I think there is zero chance this is criminal unless Shapiro was under payment from the foreign govt. This is basically printing a press release, and would be covered by first amendment. It is very much unethical, but luckily I hear so much about ethics of journalism from the right I'm sure there will be demand for a thorough investigation and acknowledgment from this outfit.

Yeah, it's about him being an unethical hack, not a criminal.

Conservative writer Ben Domenech hasd a similar scandal a few years back:

In 2013, Domenech was involved in a journalism scandal that resulted in the removal of his work from The Washington Examiner and The Huffington Post when it was disclosed that Domenech received $36,000 from Joshua Trevino, a conservative pundit and lobbyist, to write favorable opinion pieces about the government of Malaysia without disclosing the relationship. The payments came to light when Trevino registered as a foreign agent of the Malaysian government.[34]

After disclosure of the payments, The Washington Examiner and The San Francisco Examiner removed Domenech's post from their websites and replaced it with an editors' note saying that "the author of this item presented content for which, unbeknownst to us, and in violation of our standards, had received payment from a third party mentioned therein—a payment which he also failed to disclose." The Washington Examiner owned The San Francisco Examiner at the time and content was shared.[34]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Domenech