Is Micker Adolfo's stock rising?

FT35

Recently I've seen Micker Adolfo's name surface more frequently in Sox coverage and it's always been VERY positive. It makes me wonder why we don't talk about him more and why he's not on more people's projected lineups in our contending years. For those of you who are up on this sort of thing...is there a bigger reason (other than injury history) why he's not mentioned more in our top prospect conversations? Seems like this guy is healthy and a beast in the making.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseb...0220-story.html

https://sports.yahoo.com/chris-getz-describ...-194919118.html

QUOTE (FT35 @ Feb 21, 2018 -> 08:10 AM)
Recently I've seen Micker Adolfo's name surface more frequently in Sox coverage and it's always been VERY positive. It makes me wonder why we don't talk about him more and why he's not on more people's projected lineups in our contending years. For those of you who are up on this sort of thing...is there a bigger reason (other than injury history) why he's not mentioned more in our top prospect conversations? Seems like this guy is healthy and a beast in the making.

Up until 2017, Micker had really underperformed considering his lofty international prospect status when we signed him. He has tons of talent, but will need to prove himself against better competition in high A Winston Salem this year. Strikeouts are still and issue, but the increase in home runs is encouraging. His first half of the season will tell us alot about his future as a prospect.

I’m a big Adolfo fan, but he’s got to show progress with his pitch recognition & strikeouts to take that next step as a prospect. The good news is his plate discipline improved significantly over the second half of 2017 and when he makes contact it seems to be hard based on his power numbers.

There have been a ton of articles discussing this, but our dream future OF should really be Jimenez in LF, Robert in CF, & Adolfo in RF. Micker has a cannon of an arm and is much better suited there than Eloy or someone like Rutherford. I really hope Adolfo takes that next step in 2018. As I mentioned there are reason for optimism.

I would guess its just because he has spent two full seasons in Kannapolis. Guys can really get forgotten about when they're not moving through the system.

2018 will be big for Micker. I am guessing that he will start in Winston-Salem. If he does well there, the buzz will really start picking up.

Micker is among the top offensive ceilings in the entire system. He just is young, and has lost a lot of time due to injury. He has a long way to get to that ceiling, but he also has made very big progress in 2017. If he keeps up the pace in 2018, he could well enter top 100 lists. He has huge power potential and Aaron Rowand compared his arm to Vlad Guerrero in RF.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 21, 2018 -> 09:25 AM)
Micker is among the top offensive ceilings in the entire system. He just is young, and has lost a lot of time due to injury. He has a long way to get to that ceiling, but he also has made very big progress in 2017. If he keeps up the pace in 2018, he could well enter top 100 lists. He has huge power potential and Aaron Rowand compared his arm to Vlad Guerrero in RF.

Hit tool has a long way to go before he will sniff top 100 lists. 149 k's in low A ball is a big red flag to me for what is to come against better pitching in the high minors.

He has a lot of talent, but to date, has struck out way too often at the low levels he has been playing at. Traditionally that does not improve as players move to a higher level and there have been many prospects with light tower power that never advanced beyond AA because they could not adjust to advanced pitching. He is really a boom or bust prospect. If he cuts down on his K's his power will carry him to the majors, if he doesn't he ends up as Wily Mo Pena.

This is really a big year for Micker, he had some success last year and finally was able to stay healthy, and given that he has missed some time he may have an opportunity to cut down on his mistakes through more AB's. If things go really well for the Sox, you have a Jimenez, Robert, Adolfo outfield in three years. But of the three, Adolfo still has the highest bust probability.

QUOTE (ChiliIrishHammock24 @ Feb 21, 2018 -> 01:53 PM)
I think part of it is that he hangs around with Robert and Eloy, and get pics taken together, so now it's easy to kind of associate the 3 of them together, which elevates Adolfo's stock in the fan's eyes.

I don't think so. It's definitely coming from the prospect outlets. I've wrote this before, but last year when people like Longenhagen were asked about Adolfo, they said his approach still didn't indicate a major progression, their tunes have changed.

Still a high variance guy, but clearly his second half approach plus whatever he looked like at instructs has people intrigued.

When asked about our prospects outside top ten, he's the only guy that comes up consistently, maybe Hamilton.

QUOTE (FT35 @ Feb 23, 2018 -> 03:50 PM)
Son of a......

I'll make it up to everyone...I'll turn a dud into a stud...just you watch...

QUOTE (Sleepy Harold @ Feb 25, 2018 -> 01:55 PM)
Kevin Powell @kpowell720

1m

Hahn says there is no risk of further damage to the elbow. So the hope is he can get reps at the plate while rehabbing injury.

James Fegan @JRFegan

1m

Yes, this decision is the result of the second opinion. Hahn said the sprain in Adolfo’s UCL has been described as a “pinhole tear,” but that it’s a “very robust ligament”

I told you I'd make it up to everyone!!!