Yoan or Eloy - who will have the better MLB career?

NorthSideSox72

Who will have the better MLB career - Yoan or Eloy?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Who will have the better MLB career - Yoan or Eloy?

• Yoan Moncada
    • Eloy Jimenez

Ken posed an interesting theoretical, and we turned it into a roundtable. Five FS writers weighed in on who, between Yoan Moncada and Eloy Jimenez, will likely end up with the better MLB career. Here it is!

Now after reading, what do you all think? Who would be your pick? Added a poll to help with the discussion.

Tough to say "better" as they are both going to be different players. I think Jimenez is going to be more of tradition power hitter, while Yoan is going to be more of a 5 tool kind of guys who brings speed and stretching the bases to the game, and probably won't have nearly the same power as Eloy.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 26, 2018 -> 08:38 AM)
Ken posed an interesting theoretical, and we turned it into a roundtable. Five FS writers weighed in on who, between Yoan Moncada and Eloy Jimenez, will likely end up with the better MLB career. Here it is!

Now after reading, what do you all think? Who would be your pick? Added a poll to help with the discussion.

Voted Jimenez because his skills stand to play better over a long career than Moncada's, which seem more dependent on explosiveness and youth.

tight vote. I wish I could say for certain about Yoan...but honestly I don't have a clue about his makeup. Seems to me he has all the talent in the world...what he does with that (while juggling all the outside influences and how he handles those which nobody can say for sure) to me is key. Does he want to be the best? Does he want to be a model (don't jump on me...just sayin'). I have no clue what he's about so it's hard to say honestly. I voted Eloy just on the basis of he literally seems to WANT to be the best and has stated as much.

Funny... I saw the poll and without yet reading the article, voted Eloy based on his makeup set against Yoan's "slow" adjustment. Think they'll both be cornerstones.

My initial thought was, "I bet the vote is 50/50."

After casting one for Eloy, the results where exactly that.