2/28 Spring Training game vs. Rangers

CaliSoxFanViaSWside

QUOTE (fathom @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 04:05 PM)
Good news if if they sign Moustakas, he will offset Yoan's insane called looking totals. He really does need to learn how to protect

He's a patient hitter, sometimes to a fault. He'll take his walks but also K.

QUOTE (cjgalloway @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 05:08 PM)
I Love Cease. I've been saying for the past year (yes before he was even with us) that he is going to make a Kopech like jump in prospect rankings. Hope I'm right!

Get in line. I've been said he's my favorite pitching prospect in the org right now. ;)

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 09:45 PM)
Surprised about nobody mentioning that the Sox twitter was all over Giolito hitting 95 today. Encouraging for his first start. If he can get into the 94-97 range again then the sky is the limit for him.

Hitting 95 or averaging 95? He was peaking at 95 last year, but was around 92 MPH on average.

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 09:53 PM)
Hitting 95 or averaging 95? He was peaking at 95 last year, but was around 92 MPH on average.

He was probably averaging around 94 based on what I saw on twitter. They said he was sitting at 93-95 throughout his 2 innings, so there was probably a 96 in there somewhere. Most were in that range. Based on what I was reading, his slowest was 93. Really encouraging for his first start.

Edited by Jack Parkman

QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 10:09 PM)
He was probably averaging around 94 based on what I saw on twitter. They said he was sitting at 93-95 throughout his 2 innings, so there was probably a 96 in there somewhere. Most were in that range. Based on what I was reading, his slowest was 93. Really encouraging for his first start.

I didn't want to read too much into it because he might just be throwing a little harder knowing he only has two innings that day.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 11:17 PM)
I didn't want to read too much into it because he might just be throwing a little harder knowing he only has two innings that day.

My initial thought as well, but then again it was also his 1st appearance of the spring in very mild AZ temps. You would think he isn't maxing out velo yet.

QUOTE (GenericUserName @ Feb 28, 2018 -> 11:17 PM)

Let's hope as a poster pointed out a couple of months ago that his muscle memory is back with his delivery and now we'll see him throw it like he was just a couple of years ago.

Funny thing is, there's an article now about it. Giolito showcases increased velocity in debut.

Edited by SoxAce