Sign in to follow this  
Brian

Final Four 2018!!

I’ll win $1200 if Michigan wins it all so I know everyone is behind me.

The entire city of Chicago is behind you. But good luck. If Loyola doesn't win just for the shear ridiculousness of it, Michigan is my second choice.

Edited by Dick Allen

QUOTE (Brian @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 07:24 AM)
I’ll win $1200 if Michigan wins it all so I know everyone is behind me.

I could get behind you for $300. Otherwise, GO RAMBLERS!!

The biggest reason I was pissed about ST being down so long was that I couldn't share my LOYOLA jubilation with all of you.

Our best sports team when I went there was our undefeated football team.

We didn't have a football team.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ Mar 31, 2018 -> 06:25 PM)
If Iowa State can't have nice things I don't want anyone else to.

That's why Loyola had to be stopped (replace Iowa State with Illinois). They are already the only team from Illinois to win a title, we couldn't have them get back there, especially while Illinois is rock bottom.

Now let's go Kansas (+4.5)

Obviously not confident but anything can happen, right? Guys?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 06:24 AM)

Other than the Warriors, no team can keep shooting 3-pointers that well, right? Maybe?

QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 06:24 AM)

It will definitely be a massive step up in opposition than they have seen this tourney. But anything can happen

I'll be counting the Brunson flops as Simpson gets in his head.

/insert Justin eyeroll emoji

Even if Loyola would've won, they would've gotten their asses handed to them by Villanova.

I can't imagine many other champions have won every game by double digits. Usually there is a close game in there or two

So I got to admit, when I turned the game on, I immediately thought of Brian and said, crap, I hope he hedged his tourney bracket and put down at least a sizeable bet on Nova to ensure that even in the event of a Michigan loss, he at least got "paid". So Brian...I hope you at least did that so you won some money vs. getting punched in the gut and than kicked in the balls.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Apr 2, 2018 -> 10:23 PM)
I can't imagine many other champions have won every game by double digits. Usually there is a close game in there or two

I was wondering the same thing... plus there was zero hype or talk about Nova during the dance. I know UMBC and Loyola were great stories and all, but Nova just destroyed the field and dominated the field like I can't remember.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 10:29 AM)
So I got to admit, when I turned the game on, I immediately thought of Brian and said, crap, I hope he hedged his tourney bracket and put down at least a sizeable bet on Nova to ensure that even in the event of a Michigan loss, he at least got "paid". So Brian...I hope you at least did that so you won some money vs. getting punched in the gut and than kicked in the balls.

Nah, I'm dumb.

And Villanova obviously cheated by being the better team

The final four wasn't as good as I'd have liked, but as a whole, it really was an incredible tourney. One of the best tournaments in years. Lots of great stories, great games, Cinderella's, etc.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Apr 3, 2018 -> 10:31 AM)
I was wondering the same thing... plus there was zero hype or talk about Nova during the dance. I know UMBC and Loyola were great stories and all, but Nova just destroyed the field and dominated the field like I can't remember.

I think people tend to forget the top team in the dance because of all the upsets that were happening, but they were pretty much the best team in the country most of the year. They were next level in the tourney.