**2018 Opening Day Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I almost pulled my 4 year old son out of daycare to watch this game in hopes of turning him into a Sox fan (his mom is a diehard Cubs fan), but I’m guessing it was a wise decision not to. If watching James Shields pitch that fist inning was my first real Sox experience I’d probably want to be a Cubs (or Royals) fan.

QUOTE (chitownsportsfan @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:42 PM)
A negative WAR season and Davidson has "solidified" his position in the clubhouse. I'm already tired of Jason.

It's just a statement of fact. If you don't like his solid position in the clubhouse, take it up with Hahn.

QUOTE (soulfly @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 03:43 PM)
There was never a reason to trade for him in the first place. What the front office was thinking, I have no idea. Hot garbage doesn't even deserve to have his name attached to it.

It was desperation. It was a team that jumped out to a 10 games over .500 start, management convinced themselves "yay we did great!", then all of a sudden they were no longer in 1st place and on a losing streak. They saw that Detroit was after pitching and said "we have to beat them to it", so they threw in a AAA player with some value and a rookie-ball player none of them had scouted. It had to get done right then because we had to save the season and beat Detroit to the punch. That was the same week they called up Anderson to take over for Rollins even though he wasn't ready, because we had to save that 2016 team's shot at its title.