**2018 Opening Day Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:04 PM)
Was there any fluff outside of Chicago about the current team? There's a reason Vegas hates the team.

There were a lot of version of "Best case/worst case" for each team where they said "This team is young and if a lot of things break right they could push .500" as the best case.

I think the baseball world knows how much talent there is here, but they also know it needs time.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:12 PM)
Just gonna throw this out there, i'm not sure losing the first four innings of opening day with james shields on the mound in kansas city is a doomsday indicator.

Just gonna throw this out - this team isn't going to finish well over .500 when James Shields is on the mound opening day. Even if that bullpen magically is great or something like that.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:10 PM)
There were a lot of version of "Best case/worst case" for each team where they said "This team is young and if a lot of things break right they could push .500" as the best case.

I think the baseball world knows how much talent there is here, but they also know it needs time.

This, but yea I was mostly tuned into local coverage.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:12 PM)
Just gonna throw this out there, i'm not sure losing the first four innings of opening day with james shields on the mound in kansas city is a doomsday indicator.

It’s not. Giolito and Lopez starts are win days- or hopefully win days. The rest are whatever’s until better prospects are ready.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 04:13 PM)
Just gonna throw this out - this team isn't going to finish well over .500 when James Shields is on the mound opening day. Even if that bullpen magically is great or something like that.

Oh sorry, guess I didn't realize that this team had to finish over .500 or it was an abject failure. I will set my enjoyment level to misery from here on out.

QUOTE (bmags @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 03:12 PM)

Doesn't change the fact he's a gas can and needs to go. As many have been saying since he was acquired. KC's offense is not even good.

Edited by soxforlife05

QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 10:13 AM)
Score predictions? I think the Sox win this one 6-5. I think Shields goes five innings giving up four runs, but the bullpen & offense are able to pull out the win for us. I’m expecting a multi-hit game for Anderson & one blast from either Abreu or Avi to lead the charge.

Still looking good!