**2018 Opening Day Game Thread**

Brian

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hard to not get excited about this offense and how it is going to look in a year with how bad it has been for so long. And the thought we could potentially add Machado on top of Eloy and Robert. In no particular batting order.

2B - Moncada

SS - Anderson

3B - Machado

1B - Abreu

DH - Davidson

RF - Eloy

CF - Robert

LF - Avi

C - Castillo/Zavala or Collins

Bench

Delmonico

Engel

Sanchez

L Garcia

That lineup looks so stacked and deep.

Edited by soxforlife05

I don’t mind Benetti at all. I love him and Stone. Maybe that’s because Hawk was absolutely terrible to listen to. Benetti is atleast caught up with the times in terms of analytics. Benetti, if I did have one knock, would be that he is likely forcing jokes because he’s bored. On football, he is wonderful. Maybe there’s just too much down time for him in baseball, but I don’t mind the jokes even if they’re corny.

QUOTE (soxfan49 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 05:46 PM)
I don’t mind Benetti at all. I love him and Stone. Maybe that’s because Hawk was absolutely terrible to listen to. Benetti is atleast caught up with the times in terms of analytics. Benetti, if I did have one knock, would be that he is likely forcing jokes because he’s bored. On football, he is wonderful. Maybe there’s just too much down time for him in baseball, but I don’t mind the jokes even if they’re corny.

He is good at basketball as well. I just think when he is with Stone, they try to be too silly. It doesn’t have to be 20jokes an inning. A couple an inning just letting them come to them instead of forcing would make it a better broadcast IMO.