Official 2018 Soxtalk wins prediction thread

southsider2k5

How many wins will the White Sox have in 2018?  

51 members have voted

1. 1. How many wins will the White Sox have in 2018?

• <50
    • 51-55
    • 56-60
    • 61-65
    • 66-70
    • 71-75
    • 76-80
    • 81-85
    • 86-90
    • 90+

76-80 sounds right. KC and Detroit suck. The Twins still aren't anything special. We play those three teams 35% of the time. I could see 30+ wins against against those 3. Sub 20 games under .500 against the rest of the league seems....almost too low.

We'll see.

QUOTE (Jose Abreu @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 03:55 PM)
77-85 record

I’m also going with a 77-85 prediction.

I don’t think this is a 77 win team talent wise, but playing 38 games against the Tigers & Royals will help. I also think the additions of Kopech & Jimenez will spur a nice run in the second half of the season.

I am going to go with 69-93. I think there is going to be some serious roller coaster times this year as the team missing guys like Quintana will have some significant struggles at times as they grow into being at the major league level for the first time for a full season. Remember 40% of this roster (9 of 25) is on the opening day roster for the first time ever. That is a really big number, and it will have reverberations on the season. You will see guys have prolonged struggles as they fight the mental side of the game, as well as the physical side.

74-88

They’ll be some exciting games and we’ll score some runs, but the starting rotation between has beens like shields trying to be’s, like Lopez Giolito and fulmer, and prudent innings limits for the young pitchers will probably bring at least one stretch of where we lose 12 of 14 , 15 of 17 or something like that. I guess positively were around a .500 team outside of that prognisticated stretch.

Honestly there is a huge variance with the Sox win total this season. I could see them winning anywhere from 62-85 games, and none of it would be a surprise to me. Since I have to pick, I'm going to say somewhere in the 77-82 win range. Mostly because the Tigers and Royals are gawd awful. In a normal division I'd be more in the 68-74 win range, which is where I see their true talent level at based on the opening day roster.

Edited by Jack Parkman

71-75 is my vote only because I think they team will be great in the 2nd half. I think this team will be horrendous to start....

But....Rodon will get healthy, Kopech will be called up, Gio and Lopez will be settled in and who knows/cares who the #5 will be at that point and I think they'll actually be damn good team in the 2nd half.

But holy cow man...the rotation as it is now is a dumpster fire. Against real MLB teams it'll be batting practice. Though Gio is the one bright spot.

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 10:51 PM)
71-75 is my vote only because I think they team will be great in the 2nd half. I think this team will be horrendous to start....

But....Rodon will get healthy, Kopech will be called up, Gio and Lopez will be settled in and who knows/cares who the #5 will be at that point and I think they'll actually be damn good team in the 2nd half.

But holy cow man...the rotation as it is now is a dumpster fire. Against real MLB teams it'll be batting practice. Though Gio is the one bright spot.

How do you think the Sox will fare in the other 16 games they will play? ;)

QUOTE (BlackSox13 @ Mar 29, 2018 -> 12:16 AM)
How do you think the Sox will fare in the other 16 games they will play? ;)

LOL...ties. I took tomorrow off so I'm drinking is my excuse.

I think they go 71-91 this year...

I could see them with 75 wins, but no way this team can finish .500 with the starting pitching they are rolling out this year to start.

This is considering that their pen is better than we first though (I think it will be). If the pen falters, this is a 100 loss team...mind you I only say that because of pitching. The suck won't be here long.

Edited by kwolf68

QUOTE (kwolf68 @ Mar 28, 2018 -> 11:22 PM)
LOL...ties. I took tomorrow off so I'm drinking is my excuse.

I think they go 71-91 this year...

I could see them with 75 wins, but no way this team can finish .500 with the starting pitching they are rolling out this year to start.

This is considering that their pen is better than we first though (I think it will be). If the pen falters, this is a 100 loss team...mind you I only say that because of pitching. The suck won't be here long.

Yeah I figured it was just a typo. Dude, my initial response was going to be something to the effect of " are you posting under the influence?" but I didn't want to come across as being a snarky asshole. :lol:

The starting pitching is my concern as well. Fulmer and Shields leave alot to be desired and Lopez's ST has me concerned although I think he will eventually come around.