2018 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

At least Logan Morrison, despite the worst fwar in the entire game today...can return to his NYC bias beef over the home run derby when Gary Sanchez was selected over him.

Priorities!

Those MIN/NYY numbers are like the Sox in Anaheim, Seattle and Oakland back in the early 00’s.

Acuna just hit his first homer, blast into the upper deck in Cincy...off Homer the Bailey.

Edited by caulfield12

On 4/25/2018 at 6:12 PM, caulfield12 said:

Acuna with his first big league hit...Albies with his 7th HR.

Jesus, he is damned fast and aggressive on the basepaths.

Just goes to show how difficult projecting power is. Many here didn't like Albies because of the perceived lack of power, Now he has 9 HR's and is threatening to tie and break Jermaine Dye's franchise record for most extra base hits in April.

My take on projecting power is that if you hit a lot of doubles into gaps or long fly balls down either line that the power will come. That's why I have hope for a guy like Rutherford who many also think won't hit for enough power.

On ‎4‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 12:12 PM, caulfield12 said:

At least Logan Morrison, despite the worst fwar in the entire game today...can return to his NYC bias beef over the home run derby when Gary Sanchez was selected over him.

Priorities!

Those MIN/NYY numbers are like the Sox in Anaheim, Seattle and Oakland back in the early 00’s.

Acuna just hit his first homer, blast into the upper deck in Cincy...off Homer the Bailey.

Speaking of the HRD, I keep thinking that at this pace, I wonder if Davidson is a participant this year.

Baseball is absolutely wonderful.

Braves team is just fantastic to cheer on. Acuna looks like a class A star, Albies is becomming an incredible player, and Freeman is a rock in that lineup.

A team in my fantasy league is named Bryce to the Phillies.

With the Phillies recent success of prospects and fun team, does anyone think they have a legit shot of signing Bryce Harper? Just curious. That seems like a good fit. 

17 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

Baseball is absolutely wonderful.

Braves team is just fantastic to cheer on. Acuna looks like a class A star, Albies is becomming an incredible player, and Freeman is a rock in that lineup.

A team in my fantasy league is named Bryce to the Phillies.

With the Phillies recent success of prospects and fun team, does anyone think they have a legit shot of signing Bryce Harper? Just curious. That seems like a good fit. 

I've been saying Machado for them as well. Well not both but certainly players for one.

Braves were off in the timing for opening their new stadium and actually having an exciting young team on the field, but it wasn't as far off as most had previously speculated...of course, the now-deposed GM is quickly forgotten!

Edited by caulfield12

7 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

Braves were off in the timing for opening their new stadium and actually having an exciting young team on the field, but it wasn't as far off as most had previously speculated...of course, the now-deposed GM is quickly forgotten!

Huh? These kids are so young. Of course they were going to be off opening it last year and it wouldn't have been crazy if they were off 2 years.