2018 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

2 minutes ago, thxfrthmmrs said:

I thought laid his balls on the table and asked for Robles.

Note "would have been".

They asked and were refused.  I know at one point the rumor was they had a deal done for David Robertson that got up to the ownership level and Lerner vetoed.  I can't remember who was in the deal now from the Washington side though.

5 minutes ago, southsider2k5 said:

They asked and were refused.  I know at one point the rumor was they had a deal done for David Robertson that got up to the ownership level and Lerner vetoed.  I can't remember who was in the deal now from the Washington side though.

So if it was indeed Soto and their entire org was fine with it except for the owner.. then Lerner had just saved himself from having to fire Rizzo. Imagine the backlash of trade away Soto for an RP, 6 months after a trade that everyone in the media pegged them as being fleeced on.

On 5/11/2018 at 7:50 AM, thxfrthmmrs said:

Juan Soto's season and his career BA is pretty much ridiculous. Where does he rank in the prospect list right now?

Not sure if he was available during the Eaton trade, but would have been nice if we "settled" for Soto, Lopez, and Dunning.

Just got called up to the Nats. They aren't playing around. 

Not to mention Cease might be the best pitcher in the entire organization right now.

Jeimer Candelario for Wilson/Avila isn’t looking that great, either...http://www.thebaseballcube.com/players/profile.asp?ID=204340.   Isaac Paredes is now Detroit’s #7 prospect and their heir-apparent at SS to Jose Iglesias.

Although, to be fair, where were either of them going to play for the Cubs?

Also let Christian Villanueva go for nothing to the Padres.

In retrospect, the cubs moves look absolutely horrible.

They've lost Eloy, Cease, Jorge Soler, Candelario, Gleyber Torres ++? 

Just badddd trades. Torres is a star, Soler and Candelario are really learning how to hit and we all know about Eloy and Cease.