2018 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

2 hours ago, joejoedairy said:

Any chance he comes back as a free agent??

Honestly, unlike the Cubs and Astros, the White Sox very much went "pitching-heavy" on the players they acquired in this rebuild, so if the White Sox need starting pitching, they're probably not in a position to compete anyway.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, fathom said:

About time, a crappy manager with what seems to be an awful clubhouse right now

Fired BOTH hitting coaches, Bill Mueller and John Mabry as well. Most so talk posters would die from multiple orgasms if that happened for the White Sox.

5 hours ago, caulfield12 said:

I don't think the general public is aware of the significance of crypto-mining which processes these transactions for a % of the transaction. It requires massive extreme pc hardware which has made it difficult for gamers to acquire quality video cards at affordable prices. In Iceland crypto-miners are using as much electric as their entire residential customer base. It is quite a mysterious yet massive private industry. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Kyyle23 said:

Hafer entered that game as an all star and left that game as new John Rocker.  The internet never forgives nor forgets

Can someone clarify this Hader situation for me?

I just searched his tweets, and while they are ignorant and fucking stupid... these don't seem hate inspired, but rather young, ignorant to society, and punkish.

It seems like he tweeted things like lyrics, a random "kkk" tweet, some demeaning things towards ladies, but overall nothing that I'd determine was him trying to be racist (but rather him just joking around as a kid, albeit a SHIT joke).

Sure, we can play semantics and politics all day... but this was a spoiled rotten white kid with amazing talent that brought him some early money/fame and a love for rap music. Hell, when I was 13 I was saying shit like this (note: not tweeting it, thankfully -- and it was a joke). I was not racist or hating anyone, but just being young, ignorant, and exploring rap music. As I grew up, I soon learned the importance words have.

I guess, my point is -- this is big time news and now Hader is going to get destroyed by teammates and fans, however this is what most spoiled white youth in America are like. Are we that ignorant of this? Poor Hader, IMO.

Of course, I'm interested to hear different opinions from this line of thought.

2 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

I just searched his tweets, and while they are ignorant and fucking stupid... these don't seem hate inspired, but rather young, ignorant to society, and punkish.

It seems like he tweeted things like lyrics, a random "kkk" tweet, some demeaning things towards ladies, but overall nothing that I'd determine was him trying to be racist (but rather him just joking around as a kid, albeit a SHIT joke).

Sure, we can play semantics and politics all day... but this was a spoiled rotten white kid with amazing talent that brought him some early money/fame and a love for rap music. Hell, when I was 13 I was saying shit like this (note: not tweeting it, thankfully -- and it was a joke). I was not racist or hating anyone, but just being young, ignorant, and exploring rap music. As I grew up, I soon learned the importance words have.

I guess, my point is -- this is big time news and now Hader is going to get destroyed by teammates and fans, however this is what most spoiled white youth in America are like. Are we that ignorant of this? Poor Hader, IMO.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/scene-josh-haders-apology-just-racist-sexist-bigoted-homophobic-tweets-surfaced-081540845.html

5 minutes ago, iWiN4PreP said:

At the very least, most of the things he tweeted, including the stuff using the N-word, were not song lyrics. 

Once again, after reading the article -- I'm not sure where the problem is here that this is a national story.

"Other Brewers at the game stood by Hader. As he was leaving the stadium, Brewers reliever Jeremy Jeffress told Yahoo Sports: “He made a mistake when he was younger. Sometimes you’ve got to live with your past. That’s not him. He’ll apologize. He’ll make it right. I wish and I hope people don’t take it out of context. It was a young, stupid mistake. I’ve made plenty of those. He’s a great guy. He’s humble. He doesn’t try to make it seem like he’s someone he’s not. It’s just a mistake he made.”"

I don't necessairly feel bad for Hader... but at the same time THIS is current culture. THIS is what is happening everywhere in white America (suburban more so then city I'd imagine) as kids are simply out of touch but growing up with Rap music + violence and other cultural norms.

I see no real problem and I would never label Hader as a racist based off these tweets.