2018 MLB catch all thread

southsider2k5

I always get a kick out of these things. Supposedly, Banister has a communication problem, yet he stuck around 4 years, and they extended him. I'm pretty sure if he managed the Red Sox, they would win over 100 games, and if he managed the Orioles, they still would be one of the worst teams of all time. 

I get the whole can't fire the team saying, but in the offseason, you can basically fire a good chunk. But he probably is just a guy like most, replaceable, would need another extension. IMO, the one time you can get burned with your basic manager is if he is tuned out because he is a lameduck, they probably figured that...move on to the next guy, and watch him win if they improve their roster, or lose if they keep it the same or get worse. 

6 hours ago, Middle Buffalo said:

I heard this on the radio today:

The Diamondbacks were in 1st place on April 1, May 1, June 1, July 1, August 1, and September 1. 

They were eliminated from the playoffs yesterday.

i feel like I've been there a couple of times as a Sox fan, but that is a brutal ending to a promising season.

Ouch